New speakers in transit.

Coming along, put something on I was familiar with and sat down and placed them in what I thought was
an appropriate position, toed in somewhat and with the grills off.

Turns out in my room no toe in produces better imaging and blend between the ribbon and mid woofers.

I'll let them run in for a while longer and check back.

Hopefully they get here Friday but as they say don't hold your breath.

I don't particularly care for those long drawn out suspense threads since I want to know
sooner than later just whats in the box but I promise it will be quick or at least quick-ish.

Slim floor standers with ribbon tweeter, the enclosure is not made of wood,
2 often spoken language's are German and French.

Exited to hear your impressions, they look like what a modern infinity might look like, were they to have continued the emit/emim/L-emim progression, from your link they make a model the Master Line Source, that sure looks like a modern take on the mighty IRS, and the coaxil mid/tweet done in planars/ribbons is very interesting indeed.

the Master Line Source, that sure looks like a modern take on the mighty IRS, and the coaxil mid/tweet done in planars/ribbons is very interesting indeed.

I had thought the same thing, their new coax ribbon is very interesting although both space and price are limiting
at least for me.

Last edited:
Update I've have been trying out various positioning to side walls and alike and in my distinctly shaped room
the difference is considerable as expected.

We have a builtin piece of furniture a wall bed, being installed next week with shelfs on both sides so once thats
done a serious evaluation of the rooms "sound" and treatment can go forward.

Played some Nora Jones & Tracey Chapman while I was in the shop {still breaking in } and occasionally popped in since its
on the same level and ended up sitting down for a listen, things are coming right along.

On a side note I see the distributor now has a pair of the Coax ribbon 711 models in stock
If only I had my previous big room and a bag O cash.

There's a pair for sale on Cam showing the new Coax ribbon.

Last edited:
have been trying out various positioning to side walls and alike and in my distinctly shaped room
the difference is considerable as expected.

From your listening position...what is the height of the tweeters relative to to height of your ears?

As you are experimenting, try tilting the speakers back a little. With a ribbon tweeter, it may make more of a difference than with a dome. Always fun dialing it in.

Played some Nora Jones & Tracey Chapman while I was in the shop {still breaking in } and occasionally popped in since its
on the same level and ended up sitting down for a listen, things are coming right along.

Funny, those are two of my benchmark cd's when it comes to evaluating new speakers. "Come Away with Me" and "New Beginnings"?

Last edited:
Not quite there in regards to the built in wall bed and accompanying shelving being installed don't ask
so acoustically the room is still in the works.

But what turned out to be good fortune in the end was not selling one of my power amps
prior to moving and downsizing a Luxman M-4000.

I decided in the end to send it out and have it refreshed although while in pristine condition
it was built in 79 or so.
I got it back yesterday and connected it up to the Piega's immediate improvement in soundstage depth
and imaging. I sat down for sometime and simply grinned.

I can say now if things stayed as is I would be happy with the 501's but think once some room treatment
is dealt with things might well move forward.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom