New stack is setup!

sickofsoyo

Kollege Karma
I decided to switch up my main stack of gear. Went with something a little less seen. A nice large stack of JVC silver face! Inside they are all gorgeously clean as well. I eventually want to recap when I have more time, but for now I'm enjoying just listening to them. From bottom to top:

JVC JA-S77 integrated amplifier
JVC JT-V77 tuner
JVC KD-85 cassette deck
JVC SEA80 graphic eq with spectrum analyzer.

All together is sounds and looks fantastic. I need to definitely get a better rack, but for now its going to have to do. I want to get a JVC QL-Y series turntable as well but that will have to come down the road. Heres a couple of quick pics while I sit here listening to it :music:

attachment.php

20140219_171250_zps324ea34c.gif

Attachments

• 20140219_171352_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    20140219_171352_Richtone(HDR).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Look Great! um but what about cooling ventilation? Looks like you have enough space to add some spacers for the amp section.

unfortunately there isn't. The shelves sit too far back so only the back feet sit properly on it. The whole back is opened up on the cabinet and Im in the market to find another one relatively soon. Was kinda a last minute discovery that the faceplates were too bit to fit inside the cabinet. I'm going to go out tomorrow and see what I can find.

I meant elevating between the units with vertical spacers like stacked up. Could always put the main amp on top of the cab. if not enough room and if it has side vents. Again still looks great so just suggesting don't spoil the design.

What did you use for that hue lighting on the top of the stack?

Top is where the turntable is sitting presently. I need to get a larger rack regardless. The one its in now has seen much better days. This is just the excuse i need to get one. This setup is just temporary so i could give it a listen and finally get to enjoy it.

The lighting is a small led kit i got at ikea a while ago. Has a control module so you can set the color. Used to have it as a darker blue to match the 2220b i had in there before.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Beautiful! I'm a major JVC fan and you have a very nice system.
I love the video with the spectrum analyzer and tape levels in motion!

+1 regarding cooling, my A-X9 can get hot, the A-X5 runs just warm, and my R-S77 runs hot, so proper venting is important. Maybe swap the EQ & amp so it's on the top.

Cheers!

BEAUTY!!

Love the way you did the lighting. And your GIF pic with those meters is way cool!

Gus,

Right now i have it paired with a set of marantz hd 550s and a pair of marantz model 8 mkIIs but ive been in the market for a pair of zeros. A set popped up locally on craigslist for a good price but i was too late =(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Really nice rack system. I like the lights very much. The heavy amp is on the bottom help to make the rack stable with its weight but I should lift the tuner, the deck and equalizer altogether up to make s space for the amp cooling. Just my 2 cent. Enjoy your system.

I decided to switch up my main stack of gear. Went with something a little less seen. A nice large stack of JVC silver face! Inside they are all gorgeously clean as well. I eventually want to recap when I have more time, but for now I'm enjoying just listening to them. From bottom to top:

JVC JA-S77 integrated amplifier
JVC JT-V77 tuner
JVC KD-85 cassette deck
JVC SEA80 graphic eq with spectrum analyzer.

All together is sounds and looks fantastic. I need to definitely get a better rack, but for now its going to have to do. I want to get a JVC QL-Y series turntable as well but that will have to come down the road. Heres a couple of quick pics while I sit here listening to it :music:

attachment.php

20140219_171250_zps324ea34c.gif
Love this vintage of JVC stuff. I have similar components. Curious, the SEA 80, was it hard to find? Where did you find most of your JVC stuff?

Hello NAD80, thanks for the reply. Just dipping my toes into vintage audio. I have a few JVC components. Looking for a few matching ones complete the set up. Do you have any recommendations other than local electronic classifieds?

Welcome to AK. Go to Introductions thread and introduce yourself. A lot of nice folks hang out there.

Back
Top Bottom