New Subwoofer-Velodyne

Thocom

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just picked up a Velodyne SPL10REF 10" subwoofer at a Flea market for a crazy price.. I can't seem to find anything on this model number? I DO find a SPL10BV.. Whats the difference in the BV and REF at the end of the model number? This is the heaviest sub I have ever picked up (and it's only a 14" cube).

I think I'm going to replace my KEF 2150 sub with this one (pissed because I just recapped and moded the KEF, C52 humm issue). But side by side, this Velodyne blows the KEF away! And it's a much smaller footprint @750 watts compared to 250 watts.

Anyone have any thoughts about this sub and or know whats up with the "REF" at the end of the model #.

Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 28
Pic of front

Anoth photo.. Sorry for the multiple posts...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 30
Awesom sub! I have an spl10 as well, but I don't know if it has a suffix. I do know it shakes the entire house! Great for movies or music. Although I generally leave it off for music. Double advents take care of the low end quite well...

Looks nice, I have a HGS-18 and am very happy with it, I have it in the living room with a set of Dahlquist DQ-20's and it sounds great, I'm sure the 10 sounds great as well.

Back
Top Bottom