New sunnier car pics and with the hard boot!

THOR

Fearless Prophet
Finally managed to take some better pis of my Miata in the sun. Also we finally modded the hard boot to fit with the style bar.

Interesting story about the hard boot. Bought it on the Miata.net classifieds from a guy in Canada. He didn't want to ship it tho. So I arranged to have sixt8mopar pick it up for me. Then Kamakiri who lives in Buffalo NY picked it up from sixt8mopar. I lucked out since Kamakiri works at a Honda dealership and he said the paint shop owed him a favor and asked if I would like to have the hard boot painted (it was red) I was like hell yeah! So he got it painted for me it is black with blue pearl, a Honda color. How much did this all cost me? Well besides the initial cost of the hard boot, nothing, just a donation to AK. Kam even shipped my newly painted hard boot to me and said "Merry Christmas" (it was xmas at the time) he wouldn't even let me pay for the shipping! :yikes: Aren't forums great!!!

I love the hard boot I think it really finishes off the car. Unfortunately it is one piece and won't fit in the trunk, I don't even think it would fit in the passenger seat with the top up. It also takes about 5 mins to take off so I can only use it for driving around town when there is no threat of rain. With Maine's finicky weather I don't dare chance it on long trips

Also, yes I know the car would look better a little lower but I enjoy driving it and not having to worry about potholes, bumps, humps, dips, frost heaves, and speed bumps. Also with all the summertime road construction where they tear the old road up and leave like a 3" or 4" drop from where the pavement ends. I believe my car being at the height it is and only having 15's on it has saved my bumpers and wheels about 6 times so far this summer

One great looking Miata

I think it looks terrific at the height it is! Very nice set of wheels, Thor. :thmbsp:

Paul

Chris you did a damn nice job restoring that little diamond in the ruff :yes:

Wouldn't know it was the same car.

Enjoy :thmbsp:

RuSsMaN said:
Looks like a little rocket. Nice work, fatass.

Cheers,
Russ
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
as I wipe the coffee from my moniter

That is one KEWL ride !! Makes me wanna get the '67 Clincoln Convertible going again...-Sandy G.

Back
Top Bottom