New T Amp Deskset

I got my Sonic Impact T-amp in the post today, and already got a few AR TDS units off eBay for cheap. Of course, now I need a 12v adaptor or some AA batteries that I don't have around the house before I can start to play with the new toy. Think I'll try them on a pair of Cerwin Vega D-1s once I get a power supply and one or two Y adaptors. I'll prob'ly leave the T-amp and the TDS in the black and silver plastic cases for "shock value" -- Foe

further listening tests show that the SI T Amp \ TDS combo goes loud enough in a bedroom to get things on shelves dancing, pictures on walls swaying and windows rattling. you know you're onto something when you can feel the music in your chest and the sound stays perfectly intact. todays session sounded better than last nights so maybe there is something to the break in theory. i give both of these components a real big :thmbsp:

shrinkboy said:
i've got a set of L810's, i'm gonna hafta give that shot.
have you tried it out with the L-810's yet? if so how was it, and if not, what are you waiting for?

ding-- so far, that whole setup is at work. my L810's are mounted to a yamaha A-1 amp at home, and i think i am just going to get another T-amp for home. BTW, the A-1 amp/L810 combo is a knockout punch, too. they like one another real well.

shrinkboy

do a comparison of the T-amp and the Yamaha A-1. That should be interesting. More power and sheer bass output from the A-1, but the T-amp may be more detailed.

shrinkboy said:
BTW, the A-1 amp/L810 combo is a knockout punch, too. they like one another real well.
shrinkboy
no suprise there, you will be suprised when you put the T-Amp/TDS combo on the 810's. when comparing this setup to the Luxman, in the bedroom at least, i think i like the 810's with the T-Amp\TDS better. i'll have to bring the setup out into the living room and see how well it compares there.

follow up on volume levels.

in the bedroom, this setup gets to chest thumping, window rattling volumes. out in the open, the sound was just as clean and sweet as in the bedroom, but it is apparent that this setup wont fill a big room with big sound. in my case it is more than likely due to the inefficiency of the ADS L-810's than anything else. i'm sure that with a more efficient speaker, the SI T-Amp/TDS202 combo will perform better. with my speakers, this system seems best suited for smaller rooms.

Hey Steve have you thought about making one of those for any of your nephews, you know like the ones that go to the St. Paul blues festival with you?!

EazyEddo said:
Hey Steve have you thought about making one of those for any of your nephews, you know like the ones that go to the St. Paul blues festival with you?!
It's about time you posted something! Maybe I will make one 'specially for you!

Back
Top Bottom