New tape deck..

Nice !
Most folks would be surprised how good an 8 track can sound.
I picked up some 4 track tapes today, was surprised to learn they don’t have auto track switching. Also pinch roller is built in the deck and not the tape.
Have fun with that

Why only one meter? Do you have to switch between channels to read both sides? I had a Dual reel to reel deck like that once, it had one VU meter that you had to switch back and forth.

No coffee allowed on the stereo gear. :beatnik:

I have an 8-track deck in my main rig. I have restored many tapes to enjoy on her. She sounds quite nice. You can see the RH-65 at the top of the rightmost rack.

index.php

Enjoy,
Rich P

Last edited:
I rehabbed one of those for an early AK member from Maine a long, long time ago (dirty record switch -- common problem). I was kind of surprised by how good it sounded (FWIW).

Just spent an irrational amount of time last night repairing an 8 track cart. Grandson had pulled the tape out and ripped it in two.

Spliced tape, and patiently pulled the loop so that slack was absorbed by cart. Replaced pressure pad. Plays pretty nice now, but it needs to run through player completely to even out the wind.

Biggest attraction of format for me is getting tapes for next to nothing-and from time to time, I run into a desirable title that I do not own on other formats.

You have a decent player there, and I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom