New to forum need help with G6000

LPhillips

Hi everyone sorry to join under these circumstances but I sure could use some assistance. I was adjusting the bias current for the left channel and my lead slipped off and blew the 125v 7 amp fuse. I used a 4 amp 250 volt and it fried it to. Iam showing with my meter 125.6 volts across the fuse clamps with power on, If that voltage sounds correct what fuse should I use since the original 7amp 125volt are non existent.

Thanks for any help

You have blown the/some output transistors no doubt, what level of electronics are you at?
No point in worrying about fuses at this point, you'll need to be testing the output transistors and drivers.

You have blown the/some output transistors no doubt, what level of electronics are you at?
No point in worrying about fuses at this point, you'll need to be testing the output transistors and drivers.
Mediocre is my level of electronics, but I do have a meter and schematics

Do you know what the output transistors look like and how to access them? I can't remember on the 6000, but if its at all like the 7000 which I think it might be, you have to remove the heatsink off the rear of the amp.
Under the heatsink is the output transistors...
Can you confirm this?
Take pictures so we can see what you are doing....
Once you have identified the transistors, then we can go from there, it will be a case of removing and testing them.

It will only apply to the channel you were working on. In this case the LEFT channel, the right will be fine.

Do you know what the output transistors look like and how to access them? I can't remember on the 6000, but if its at all like the 7000 which I think it might be, you have to remove the heatsink off the rear of the amp.
Under the heatsink is the output transistors...
Can you confirm this?
Take pictures so we can see what you are doing....
Once you have identified the transistors, then we can go from there, it will be a case of removing and testing them.

It will only apply to the channel you were working on. In this case the LEFT channel, the right will be fine.
Its just like the 7000 i am removing the heatsink now

Its just like the 7000 i am removing the heatsink now

Right so you know there are two different polarities for transistors, NPN (+'ve), and PNP (-'ve), you will need to use a sharpie to mark down which transistors go where, or take a picture or draw a diagram.
The NPN are a 2SC XXXX, and the PNP are 2SA XXXX.......its important to note down, where they go, if you get it wrong, you'll have some more serious issues...

Google TO3 transistor pinout so you know which pins are what, write it down.

Then you can remove the transistors, they will just unscrew, then you will just pull them out, they just plug in.

Right so you know there are two different polarities for transistors, NPN (+'ve), and PNP (-'ve), you will need to use a sharpie to mark down which transistors go where, or take a picture or draw a diagram.
The NPN are a 2SC XXXX, and the PNP are 2SA XXXX.......its important to note down, where they go, if you get it wrong, you'll have some more serious issues...

Google TO3 transistor pinout so you know which pins are what, write it down.

Then you can remove the transistors, they will just unscrew, then you will just pull them out, they just plug in.
They are out and properly marked . i pulled up TO3 PIN layout for two post

okay studying
Okay, let is know how you go, ask questions......

It could be as simple as putting a couple of new transistors in and setting the bias and off you go again...

Next time, use "minigrabbers" get some of these https://nz.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Pomona-Electronics/3782-24-0?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv8kklI404Qlfk4pwIveNlD, they come in different lengths and also come in RED and BLACK....Very essential for doing this sort of measuring, whenever you are probing something, then look away, you will slip, thats just how it works, so with the minigrabbers, you have a safe hands free connection.

Back
Top Bottom