New to Forum -Stromberg Carlson Stereo

Jrusso07

Hi! My name is Joe amd I live in the Finger Lakes region of NYS. My dad worked at Stromberg Carlson in Rochester, NY in the 50's and 60's. He acquired a number of S-C tube amps. He recently passed away and I am acquiring the S-C gear. I will update the forum with specifics but here is the quick list

- Stereo Console in a cherry cabinet - has amp, pre-amp, tuner with blue magic eye and gerrard record changer. All integrated in the center section with integrated speakers on each side. I believe this is a prototype because dad built it himself at our home. I have pics of me and my bother "helping". One of me sitting in the speaker compartment - circa 1961.

- Portable PA system with tube amp and two speakers - folds into a suitcase. Dad brought it to our church festivals for the PA announcer to use.

- single channel mono audio tube amp.

Once I get these to my home, I will start going through them to see if they still work. Will provide model and serial numbers (hopefully).

Sounds like you'll be posting a whole lot more soon. Make sure you take the proper precautions before you fire her up, hopefully you have access to a variac and a dim bulb tester for checking them. There are also plenty of skilled folks who can guide you through the test and restoration process. Post any questions you may have in the "Tube Audio" forum. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/tube-audio.14/
Oh yeah, never forget,
:needpics:
Thanks for sharing and welcome to AK!

Also pictures provide lots of sweet sweet pictures. I'm honestly interested to see the PA suitcase setup. Thanks!

Welcome and enjoy!! And, it's been almost 24 hours and still no pics. Just sayin'...

Yeah, sorry on the pics. The gear is in Rochester and I am in Penn Yan. I am working on getting there sometime this week. Need to make arrangements with friends to help load the console

It's cool figured they were coming at some point just gotta tease about it. Also please use good lighting folks are bad about taking pictures of gear in dark rooms that end up being grainy.

Thanks all. Going to get the gear on Thursday. Will get good, clear pictures. Promise!:needpics:

I am also into dogs and Datsuns. So here are some pics of those things...just to add a little value
B05BC516-1330-4230-B93E-2266F97E0365.jpeg A740EC9D-9F04-4763-9CA4-2194E10B4B1B.jpeg D93F1068-227F-4829-907A-62998DCCE45E.jpeg

Had a 280 back in the day,actually got it for free from a woman I did a plumbing job for.lt was under a cover in the garage and after I asked what it was ,she asked if I wanted it for free.The engine had been completely rebuilt by the Z shop in New Jersey if I recall.

Back
Top Bottom