New to it all

sawyer71

Hi everyone. I joined about a month ago but haven't posted yet. I guess now is a good time. I just got into this whole vintage thing a couple years back when I fell back in love with vinyl.

So that's what started the search. I found this site by accident, glad I found it. I've found it to be a great place to find info and opinions about equipment. I especially like the lack of attitude, everything seems very positive here.

So anyway, I got to reminiscing, and I remembered when I was growing up there was a guy that lived across the street who was older and had an amazing sounding system. And it just had to be a Sansui 9090. Very hard to find when you don't want to spend a lot of money. I've been mostly searching GW & classifieds knowing I'd never find one but nothing ventured, right? Mostly hoping to find someone who didn't know what they had. I did manage to pick up a couple TT's and cassette decks. Nothing so far that's needed a whole lot of attention.

Well, this week I found a 9090 in the classifieds, for $230. The guy says it plays, lights work, etc. but could use a cleaning. Plus with my birthday coming up, my wife was a little more open to the idea. Hopefully that was a good deal:scratch2: I guess I'll know the answer after I pick it up this weekend.

I guess my biggest score so far would be finding a pair of Large Advents AND a pair of Advent 1's at the dump for free. Just needed the refoaming and the screws the speakers attached to were loose. Are these good speakers to use with the 9090?

Well, hopefully that wasn't too long winded, I can be. Later

Welcome to AK. I think almost any speakers will sound pretty good driven by a 9090. Good luck.

Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. That 9090 will bring out the best, or worst, in just about any speakers.

Back
Top Bottom