new to marantz gears

CAGNAGNA

hello everyone
some guy is selling 2275 2325.....any comments on these???
what is a nice receiver or amp to own???
I am trying to build up a vintage set with different brands Sansui, Marantz Pioneer .....I guess I am about to get the same "fever" you guys have:D
thanks again
Marco

The 2325 has a rather large following...As does the 2275...Both came out in the same line, with the 2325 being the TOTL model..Not a bad way to start a Marantz collection at all.:yes:

CAGNAGNA said:
he is asking 450 and 600 for the other.....seems pretty high....no???

Not ridiculously high, but yes high. At those prices, they had better be in near mint condition..Also, wood case included??

yes included I belive , also has a 9090db for 400...maybe I should make him an offer for both...what do you think????or should I wait for better???

does he take paper??

CAGNAGNA said:
yes included I belive , also has a 9090db for 400...maybe I should make him an offer for both...what do you think????or should I wait for better???

wrote out a check in front of him for 5 bills and see if he will take it them u just made a big steal from him:thmbsp:

CAGNAGNA said:

Yeah, I'd at least try and talk him down a bit..It seems like all his prices are optimistic buy about 20-25%...

Also, I would offer for the 9090DB and the Marantz 2325....Both have the same wattage and will give you an idea of whose sound you like better.

Well, yes. I suppose it could. There are more guts to a 9090DB so there are more opportunities for failure. However, I wouldn't say that a 9090DB is any less reliable because of it. In other words, it its in great condition, don't be scared by the DB.

It's just like in cars. More options = more things that can go wrong. But do you drive a stripped Pinto to avoid malfunctions?? Me either..

Hey! I drive a Pinto Marantzfan...whadda you got against strippers?

:)

Seriously, welcome Marco! This is a great group. Enjoy your Marantz experience-

I have all 3 receivers mentioned here and all are definitely worth having IMO. I'd snag that 2325 first if I could only choose one but it's certainly no bargain. In fact all are overpriced IMO, and I agree the 9090db is more problematic but still a nice receiver. If you can see, hear and pick these in person that counts for something, otherwise I'd probably look for a better deal if any of these receivers need to be shipped.

Back
Top Bottom