New to McIntosh have some questions

Axcel

Accuphase all the way
hi just picked up a mint and I mean mint C38 any positives or negatives out there?
I may be using an eq part of the time I looked at the rear of this C38 a bit more on it then my last pre and the manual was in English /I still couldn't make heads or tales of how you would one into it. any able to give the McIntosh for dummies version? thanks a ton

C-38 is a C-40 without Graphic controls and a monitor amp basically. Its performance is top notch approaching the capabilities of the best remote controlled SS preamps of today with digital inputs. If the processor loop is not to your satisfaction, place the EQ between the pre-amp out and the power amp input. The only iisues then will be the settings of the gain on the power amp to match the EQ and setting the gain on the EQ to match the pre-amps.

Read the paragraph 5 on page 10 looking at the rear panel illustration with connectors circled #5. Just connect the EQ. "From" of the C38 goes to the EQ's out put. "Out or To" of the C-38 goes to the EQ input. You don't have to push any buttons on the C-38. The EQ is automatically connected. Turn on the EQ first and set all the gain controls to neutral, then turn on the C-38. Make sure the EQ's Tape monitor switch is off. Select a source with the C-38 and listen then try using the 1 KHZ control on the EQ its should be very noticeable either adding or subtracting. If you hear a bunch of noise when the EQ is added you may have to lower the master gain controls of the EQ.

Last edited:
C-38 is a C-40 without Graphic controls and a monitor amp basically. Its performance is top notch approaching the capabilities of the best remote controlled SS preamps of today with digital inputs. If the processor loop is not to your satisfaction, place the EQ between the pre-amp out and the power amp input. The only iisues then will be the settings of the gain on the power amp to match the EQ and setting the gain on the EQ to match the pre-amps.

Read the paragraph 5 on page 10 looking at the rear panel illustration with connectors circled #5. Just connect the EQ. "From" of the C38 goes to the EQ's out put. "Out or To" of the C-38 goes to the EQ input. You don't have to push any buttons on the C-38. The EQ is automatically connected. Turn on the EQ first and set all the gain controls to neutral, then turn on the C-38. Make sure the EQ's Tape monitor switch is off. Select a source with the C-38 and listen then try using the 1 KHZ control on the EQ its should be very noticeable either adding or subtracting. If you hear a bunch of noise when the EQ is added you may have to lower the master gain controls of the EQ.
Hi could I not usethe

Hi could I not use the tape 1-2-3 input/outputs just got the c38 yesteday hand delivered yesterday not a mark on it includes remote and original manual

Need more info. What is connected and how? How do you have the C38 controls set? Does it play other sources?

Need more info. What is connected and how? How do you have the C38 controls set? Does it play other sources?
I have my turntable and DAC hooked up now I have an eq going to the processor loop no other buttons are pressed depending what I am listening too the listen side is turned to the correct function

I have my turntable and DAC hooked up now I have an eq going to the processor loop no other buttons are pressed depending what I am listening too the listen side is turned to the correct function

Where's the problem then? o_O

Back
Top Bottom