New to me CR-620

Bert 1100

I got this unit in the mail yesterday, it came from our local auction site and was mine for 65$ including shipping.

It was actually described as a CR-820, and I discovered it was the CR-620 after I had "won" it, looking at the photos. The guy found some excuses and never really apologised, but I told him to go ahead anyway since the price was OK and the unit was descibed as "working perfectly well".

Altogether, yes it is working. Perfectly ? Not. But it's the usual bad contacts in pots and switches, nothing more, but it needs a deoxit shot badly...
All the lights are out, no problem , leds fit in there nicely !
It looks like it is all original, including layers of dust and hair and god knows what.

A few photos...in time it will get a full clean-up and restoration.

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2846.JPG

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2849.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

IMG_2852.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG

Looking forward to you breathing new life into old silverface and clearing all that crud away.

I've a CR-420 and enjoy it immensely, the de-oxit treatment made it sio much s-m-o-o-t-h-e-r!.

Looking forward to you breathing new life into old silverface and clearing all that crud away.

It will be some time before I can get into this unit, I need to do a Marantz 2325 in between and to finish my CA-810....and I have a Marantz 2230 coming..... :crazy:

Heh, I feel your pain. I've a crackly HK 330b sitting in the garage ready for a recap.

Good luck with that one--all it needs is a little TLC. I own one of it's bigger brothers (a CR-2020), and really enjoy it--despite it's tendency to generate enough heat to desolder itself and heat a room.

Hope you enjoy it when you do get around to cleaning and de-oxiting your 620. I finally got around to taking mine in to be serviced as it developed a buzz that turned out to be a shorted out transistor. I got the 620 set up and hooked up to my pair of original Smaller Advents and it sings sweetly now.

This was my first back to vintage stereo about 17 years ago.It eventually showed me the superiority(to me anyway)of Yamaha gear.

Back
Top Bottom