New to me DAC

eis01

I guess I have gone about deciding what DAC to get next a little unconventionally. My most recent DACs were a SMSL m8 (not the A) with the linear PS and a Audiolabs M-DAC. Both had similar DAC chips. And both sounded great in my system. But I wanted to go outside my own little box. I was really considering the SMSL SU-8 but... Then I thought why not got for something a little more high-end. Started looking at PS Audio DACs from yesteryear. I've always liked their products having owned and currently own.

DSCN0097.JPG DSCN0098.JPG
PS Audio Perfect Wave DAC MKii
I still need some time with it but it is sounding very good at the moment.

Thanks Michael.

It appears that I'll need to adjust how I listen to music. Or how I perceive the portrayal of music reproduced by my system. How I interpret this is, poor recordings are portrayed that way... poor. The system is more revealing than before. My Hafler SE-100 (line stage) is the closet. RPi streaming to the PWD balanced out straight to the Stellar S-300 to the Maggie's.
I'm not saying it's better or worse, what I'm saying is, it's discernibly different. Like a different flavors of ice cream i.e. chocolate vs strawberry.

Anyway, just my opinion concerning my system in my room... YMMV :)

How I interpret this is, poor recordings are portrayed that way... poor. The system is more revealing than before.
No more rose colored glasses! Focus on the music that reveals more of its beauty to you.

Side note: I also use an RPi/DigiOne combo in one system. What power supply do you use?

Back
Top Bottom