New To Me Eico 2200 Tuner

Der_kruscher

Hi,

I'll start by saying that this is, ultimately, a "what's it worth" post, so please move it to a more appropriate place if it exists - I'm not that familiar with all of the nooks and crannies of the forum.

As the post title says, I have a new to me Eico 2200 "Classic Series" tuner that I picked up last week for giggles and because the price was right - I couldn't resist. Unfortunately I just don't have room in my small house for a bunch of audio gear beyond my main system and with two young kids, I don't have a lot of spare time for listening either. I also don't listen to much FM radio, so holding onto this doesn't make sense.

Everything on the tuner seems to work as it should and the cosmetic condition seems pretty fair considering the age of the piece - it's not anywhere near perfect but it's presentable IMO. However, with the hood off, it is pretty dusty & dirty (see pics). Because I'm not knowledgable about electronics I didn't want to go nuts cleaning it, lest I screw something up - I'd rather leave that to a new owner (the cleaning, not the screwing it up). All of the tubes seem to be original to the unit and I'm assuming that it could use a once-over and I gather that folks like to modify these.

Can someone give me an idea of what it's worth considering the condition? I could put it on Ebay but I'd rather sell it locally (Seattle) to avoid the hassles and so that someone can get a full understanding of what they're getting - I don't want to gouge anyone, I'd rather it go to someone who will appreciate it.

Thanks!
Kevin

Eico Front.jpg Eico Tuner Under Hood.jpg

Last edited:
I paid $160 for mine but it was in great condition with all the paperwork including the kit assembly instructions.

Back
Top Bottom