New-To-Me K-Horns In Da House!!!

Lol great story and I like how they are finished

I too am a member of the understanding wife super gigantic speakers in the living room club.......its a good place to be. I have had said super gigantic speakers in my living room for about 6 months now, and I always thought I would get used to them and it would seem normal.

Well it hasent happened yet, every morning i go downstairs and think "holy crap those things are huge".......and mine are much smaller but much taller than your KH.

Wow - that's one busy corner!

Congrats on the acquisition. The speakers look to be very well taken care of. I had some oil on oak '86 model K-horns once but not the correct room so I let 'em go. They were gorgeous.

Incidentally, I personally think the attack of the K-horn bests every other speaker that my ears have heard.

Yeah, the seller's corner. Pretty much set the theme for his wire-mgt approach throughout, but he's about to remodel, so I'm sure (sorta) that his mess will improve. I told him Kyle did nice work, and he missed a good hand when he ignored that.

Thanks. They look pretty nice, and will get prettier. I agree with your assessment about attack - dynamics are their forte, of course. I know they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I've dreamed of owning a pair since I first heard them circa 1980. They are quite literally my dream speaker, even though I've heard quite a few speaker systems which were more expensive, besting the Khorns in various sonic properties. However, the Klipschorn remained my point of reference by which all are compared. It may be a good thing for my covet bone that I've never heard any Avantgarde horns. They might be difficult to find affordably on CL.

Oooo, the wife and I are big fans of Bamboo flooring. We installed some in our kitchen about eight years ago and loved it, then installed the same in an adjoining bedroom, you literally can't tell where the old bamboo meets the new. The stuff is extremely resistant to fading, general wear and scuffs.

We're eventually going to install it in our bedroom and get rid of the last remaining carpet in our house.

Threadjack over.

We wound up putting it in our family room, halls, hall closets, and Master bedroom with walk-in closet. Cali brand, which I found online doing research, is the highest quality flooring Kyle ever installed. Every stick was perfectly milled tongue and groove (they offer the snap kind, too) without a blemish. He said it was thicker than other flooring he's laid, and was amazed that there was no waste - not one stick. Locally, they can be ordered via one of the big-chain lumber emporiums, but it saves both time and money to order direct from Cali in LA, even factoring in shipping. Not associated with them in any way other than very happy customer. Feels great underfoot, too.

Nice score. Well written post. Have fun.

Thanks, I am. Marathon listening session ongoing.

Lol great story and I like how they are finished

I too am a member of the understanding wife super gigantic speakers in the living room club.......its a good place to be. I have had said super gigantic speakers in my living room for about 6 months now, and I always thought I would get used to them and it would seem normal.

Well it hasent happened yet, every morning i go downstairs and think "holy crap those things are huge".......and mine are much smaller but much taller than your KH.

Too funny. I read that to my wife. She laughed, too.

Love this post, enjoyed reading it and the backstory, I wish I had a Kyle type in my life, as he'd be handy.

We've only been in OK five-six years, and know only Christine's kids, who don't know who to call themselves for homeowner issues. Christine has a sister in Kansas who comes to visit now and again. She's into Amway, so she just goes out and finds people to recruit when she's here. She found Kyle and had seen pictures of his work. We hired him to do a smaller job, but when he proved his mettle, we just couldn't trust anyone else. Old enough to be experienced, young enough to do the work (he works out to maintain fitness for his trade), takes pride in doing things 'right' so the finished product is virtually perfect, actually uses his mind so keeps his head in the game, respects your property, cleans the area at the end of the day... just the kind of guy you wish you could find to fix your plumbing, or install that dishwasher, or remodel your home. He has a loyal base of customers who will call no one else and we are on that list now, too. We were lucky to stumble into him.

Did I just hijack my own thread?

Word for Today from Chez musichal, "Baby, pushed back in the corner, isn't it amazing how they virtually disappear?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom