New to me Marantz 2240!

antman07442

I recently saved a Marantz 2240 from being sent to a recycling center by my spouse's cousin ... saw the marantz sitting amongst a pile of misc. audio ... and asked what was up with the pile of stuff? "yeah we are going to take it to the recycling center ... but they only take one piece at a time ..."

I volunteered to take the entire pile and take whatever I didn't want to the recycling center in my town ... I told them that I had been looking for a Marantz for years and will clean it up and enjoy it!

So now the Marantz has been cleaned ... sat on the variac for the necessary time ... and I have been enjoying it for a week or so ... I will eventually have to change the lights as most are out .. but I am amazed by the sound and reluctant to let it go as my office receiver ... but really want it as our main receiver in the living room replacing our Sansui QRX 7500 ...

Here's the question - I have two turntable hooked up to the Sansui ... and want to keep two turntables in the main living room ... but the 2240 only has one phono input ... any inexpensive solution to hook a second turntable up? the turntable will be either a Marantz 6300 or a Pioneer PL 15DII (also in the pile of recycling) and my AR XA ...

If I can only have one turntable ... I will likely go with the AR XA ... please let me know your thoughts???

Bob - Thank you ... What should I look for in a preamp and will it impact the sound of the turntable or the receiver?

I just got one of these today, pretty impressive for a smaller receiver. Mine needs the blue lights done only, I have it driving a pair of Mitsubishi M-S5200 towers right now and blew the old lady out of the house

FINALLY, some peace and quiet from her chattering LMAO!!

Back
Top Bottom