New to me Realistic QTA-753

Metalownz

Audiophile? Getting there
A friend gave me this receiver. Other than it being 4-channel i know nothing else about it. I'm going to blow the dust out and clean the contacts. Does anyone own this receiver and what do you think of its sound? How powerful is this receiver? Its in pretty nice shape. My kitten Maisy is also very interested in it lol.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20141226_192219.jpg
    20141226_192219.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested in it too...

Yes I've been following one of these on eBay and I like and have some Realistic stuff and have been wanting to try their "quad" version.

So I'll be waiting to hear also... thanks.

I have an little older version. It sounds nice. I would guess about 20 wpc to each speaker, so 80 total. Not too shabby.

Nice guys, thanks for posting. Im trying to find specs on this but there isnt anything on the net about this receiver.

It was in the 1976 RS catalog.

Too bad the record labels couldn't agree on one quad format. The concept would have been developed a whole lot more.

As the owner of several QA680 and 681s, I can tell you that you are going to enjoy your receiver:yes:.

Attachments

• QTA-753.jpg
    QTA-753.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 50
I had one of those for a while; not a bad piece; not really, quite a "true" quad component, though -- it doesn't have any built-in decoders for matrix quad (e.g., QS or SQ) nor CD-4 for (i.e., true 'discrete, compatible" four channel) quad LP records.
It's well built and has a decent FM tuner section in it, as I recall.

That said, it does have four output power amps (that are bridgeable, according to the catalog ad copy for more power - "Stereomax" - as a two-channel receiver).

020.jpg

source: http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/html/1975/h020.html

EDIT: Note that the "60 watts" figure in the ad copy is for all channels driven (i.e., 15 watts per channel in 'quad' mode; probably just about 30 wpc in "Stereomax").

PS - if you buy one, and if it's dirty -- be extremely careful if you need to clean the front panel. I used Windex on the one I had... and blithely removed some of the volume control 'calibration' markings on the front panel before I realized that the silkscreening on this component, at least after a few decades, wasn't Windex-resistant! :p

Last edited:
I had one of those for a while; not a bad piece; not really, quite a "true" quad component, though -- it doesn't have any built-in decoders for matrix quad (e.g., QS or SQ) nor CD-4 for (i.e., true 'discrete, compatible" four channel) quad LP records.
It's well built and has a decent FM tuner section in it, as I recall.

That said, it does have four output power amps (that are bridgeable, according to the catalog ad copy for more power - "Stereomax" - as a two-channel receiver).

020.jpg

source: http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/html/1975/h020.html

EDIT: Note that the "60 watts" figure in the ad copy is for all channels driven (i.e., 15 watts per channel in 'quad' mode; probably just about 30 wpc in "Stereomax").

PS - if you buy one, and if it's dirty -- be extremely careful if you need to clean the front panel. I used Windex on the one I had... and blithely removed some of the volume control 'calibration' markings on the front panel before I realized that the silkscreening on this component, at least after a few decades, wasn't Windex-resistant! :p

Its the closest ive ever had to quad lol. Im going to try it out over this holiday season just to see how she sounds. Inside looks really nice and all the lights light up. Looks to have been used very lightly in its life.

Back
Top Bottom