new {to me } stereo system

roy

i have the fortunate luck of being the new owner of a Hafler dh 500 power amp, and energy pro 22 speakers. i also purchased in the package deal a counterpoint sa 3 preamp and an oracle alexandria mkii turntable. both the pre amp and turntable are not currently working ..but hopefully they will be soon. currently im using my marantz 1060 as a pre amp, marantz 2120 tuner , marantz 6300 turntable and tascam cd-200. i am alternating speakers between the energy 22 and my kef 104.2. im blown away at how amazing [imo] this combination sounds !

Nice score. I was just thinking about Hafler, and sold a 9180 amp last month. Great gear. I also have a fine working Counterpoint amp. Good luck getting that up an running. Always loved the old Oracle TTs too.

The estate from whom I bought the gear had the preamp diagnosed and it appears to be a problem with the power supply . I have read that these can be very expensive to repair, but quite well worth it. I was told the Oracle either has a bad power supply or motor. Both the pre amp and Oracle are the highest audio quality that I have yet owned. Any idea of how much would be the maximum I should invest in this gear ? I don't want to spend more than it reasonably values.

Back
Top Bottom