New to Sansui and a great thrift shop find

qboneus

After months and months with no finds, I had actually begun to lose the faith in my local thrifts.
This weekend by chance I happened to drop by one of my favorite thrift shops and what do I spy sitting in the corner waiting to be put out for sale but a Beautiful Sansui 9090db and a gorgeous pair of Sansui SP3500 4 way 6 spk speakers.
Speakers are in Great shape with a 14" woofer 2-4"cone type mids, 1-2x41/2 horn mid and two 2" horn tweets.
An introduction into the Sansui club as well as the horn club at once!

Oh and the best part!

Sansui 9090db cost-- $6.99
Sansui sp 3500 cost--$21.99

Got them home and they work great!!

Does anyone have some specs they would share with me?? eg. msrp, yom,watts, ect, ect..

Was hoping someone may have a copy of the schematics and manuals for either of these items that they would be willing to share despite the fact that I just made everyone here hate me..
please email them to me if possible at:
forquermt@billings.k12.mt.us

Thanks and keep hunting thrifts!!

Tal

lets see some pictures!!! And we really do hate you:)

I have The schematics of the 8080DB/9090DB Models I have redrawn them on with each board on a separate 11X17 Sheet. I would be happy to share them with you for the Printing and shipping costs.

I am in the process of retyping the entire service manual so we can get a really clean copy that we can all read (Not just the twentysomethings with great eyes).

Let me know if you would like to do this and I will get you a quote it shouldn't be more than about $10.00.

what kind of mobo is that in your avatar?
looks like it has the crap cap plague.
and great score q!

Originally posted by CDFixer
lets see some pictures!!! And we really do hate you:)

I have The schematics of the 8080DB/9090DB Models I have redrawn them on with each board on a separate 11X17 Sheet. I would be happy to share them with you for the Printing and shipping costs.

I am in the process of retyping the entire service manual so we can get a really clean copy that we can all read (Not just the twentysomethings with great eyes).

Let me know if you would like to do this and I will get you a quote it shouldn't be more than about $10.00.

Last edited:
Well dang....that beats my $4 6060 score....I had to do some work on that one! :)

Congrats! These x0x0's are my favorite Sansui receivers...I'd love a 9090 or 9090db...blue dial, output meters, good clean power, and a gorgeous walnut case. What's not to like? :D

TP

I don't know I think I would take a 6.99 9090DB over a Free 8080DB any day!!!

Maybe not!!:)

Man is that 9090db a powerhouse!
It easily drives both my jbl 4311's AND the sansui sp3500's at the same time and has shown no signs of even thinking of running out of steam.
What exactly isa the difference between a 9090 and a 9090db?
I will post some pictures soon, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for your time,
Tal

SANSUI RCV, 9090DB
Description:
Manufacture Years: 1974 - 1979
Additional Information:
Power: 125
Retail
MSRP: $900.00
USED: $325.00
Wholesale
Mint: $180.00
Average: $110.00

The 9090 does not have the Dolby system, and the is only 110 watts output vs 125 for the db model. Also the THD for the 9090 is .2% 20-20,000hz for the DB model its .1% 20-20,000hz.

The 9090 does have a multipath circuit in the tuner that the 9090db does not have.

When I get the chance I will scan the spec sheets from the two manuals that I have and send them to you.

What exactly isa the difference between a 9090 and a 9090db?
The biggest difference is the 9090db has 125 Watts RMS rating, slightly larger filter caps and the now useless yet troublesome dolby noise reduction circuitry (multi-gange switch). The 9090 is 110 Watts RMS. There are other small differences but they are both equal fine receivers.

Back
Top Bottom