New to the board- my modest set up

Pendiferous

So, I'm new here and have been on the turntable forum trying to figure it all out...

Some years ago was into A/V and picked up a few inexpensive bits... (mostly geared to watching movies)

Sony TAE-9000ES (on the fritz)
Sony TAN-9000ES
Sony STR DA2400ES (to replace the 9000 on the fritz - has DTS too)
Sony TC-WR590 Cassette deck (jammed, need to fix if worthwhile)
Sony Blue ray DVD (BDP-S350) Also an og dvp-s350 (dual discrete laser)
Technics SL-1600 (just purchased and refurbishing)

B&W LCR6 S2 (center channel)
B&W CC6 (Smaller center channel)
B&W DM605 S2 (towers)
B&W LM1(small rears)
B&W CDM2 (medium/small rears)
Klipsch Sub KSW 12

As I type this I realize I'm very Sony heavy. LOL
I'd love some B&W 801's and a couple of Krell amps but that's out of the price range right now. :)

So far, everything seems to be working pretty well (aside from the 9000 and the tape deck)--- Worth repair? Not sure.

Where should I be looking to upgrade to get the best bang for the buck? Heavy duty vintage? Better modern stuff? (I had thought of going into the B&K but the Sony stuff keeps chugging along)

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Sorry. No pics currently. Just moved into a new place and still trying to figure out where this will all go. The spots I like are too tight. Trying to avoid having to buy more furniture just to accommodate all our stuff.

I know, I know... LOL It's just that everything is still in the boxes... We just moved in and are still trying to get it all set up. Once it's set, pics will be added.

Was rooting around to try and find all my stuff. Discovered I have 2 B&W Center channels! We stumbled on an audio shop that was going out of business and picked up the center and smaller LM1's for a steal!

We're familiar with some of the "mid-range" speaker brands like B&W, NHT, Martin Logan, but B&W always sound the best to us.
Looked at a local high end audio place online. Did not know ANY of the names they carried! This stuff moves to fast.

Still trying to figure out proper set up. Not thrilled with our new location. Lots of space in all the wrong spots! :(

Getting closer to figuring it out. Thinking we may split the system and use the big stuff for 2 channel. A cd player and the turntable.

I'll use the smaller stuff for the TV since we're in a tight spot with the space issues....

Getting closer to figuring it out. Thinking we may split the system and use the big stuff for 2 channel. A cd player and the turntable.

I'll use the smaller stuff for the TV since we're in a tight spot with the space issues....
Sounds like a plan!

I’m a big fan of Sony, have three systems built around several ES series pieces. I’ll bet that’s a great sounding setup.

Back
Top Bottom