New to this site

I had double New Advents for many years (still have single pair). I would recommend inverting the upper pair to get tweeter spacing closer for minimizing combing effects.

Nice and neat.
Welcome to AK
The suggestion by E-Stat to get your tweeters closer together sounds like a good idea other wise very nice. :thumbsup:

Thanks all and very nice to be here. I will give a try to inverting the top speakers and just flip the grills. I'll have to get more
speaker wire though in order to do that. I have ten gauge copper on the bottom ones and some flat copper wire on the
top ones. I'll search the forum for suggestions on wire.

I've done exhausting research on the best way to clean records manually. I'm sure there's a section on that
too for me to read up on. The first four hundred I did with Vinyl Doctor's cleaning solution and cleaning pads, rinsing with
the jet spray the sink and then a second rinse with distilled. I just switched to Tergiclean which I haven't tried yet.
One person told me not to use tap even if you do a second rinse with distilled. Any thoughts on this? Thanks again!

Others may want to chime in on this, and your placement options may be limited, but I think I would have the TT further away from and certainly not in front of the speakers, so as to avoid interference/feedback. Looks like pretty nice gear, though. I'd like to get my grubby mitts on a pair of those Advents. Like the accessibility of the vinyl, too.

Tap water can contain minerals and stuff that will remain after drying. Distilled for the wash and rinse.

Others may want to chime in on this, and your placement options may be limited, but I think I would have the TT further away from and certainly not in front of the speakers, so as to avoid interference/feedback. Looks like pretty nice gear, though. I'd like to get my grubby mitts on a pair of those Advents. Like the accessibility of the vinyl, too.

Tap water can contain minerals and stuff that will remain after drying. Distilled for the wash and rinse.

Yes but can tap water effect records if it's rinsed off with distilled water immediately after a high power rinse with tap is what I'm wondering.
I may ask a chemist at a local university this question. Thanks.

Welcome to AK.. You ask about threads on cleaning records. Under the General Audio Discussion heading, find a sticky thread titled "Cleaning Vinyl..." It has many members methods.
Personally, I recommend some type of vacumn method to remove distilled water of rinsing. Old grounded turntable, or spin manually. Use shop vac with special nozzle as spinning.

I also have Stacked Advents. Top inverted. If you have room and don't mind the look. Try moving speakers away from corner, farther from back wall. The right speakers might be more bass heavy than left.

I also have Stacked Advents. Top inverted. If you have room and don't mind the look. Try moving speakers away from corner, farther from back wall. The right speakers might be more bass heavy than left.

its funmy you say that, it sometimes seems more high end comes from the left channel.

Looks like a good LP collection with good covers.
I suggest investing in cover sleeves to protect the covers.

I actually did a huge amount of work restoring a lot of the jackets. It's an art fixing seam splits with acid free card stock and Elmers glue and touching them up with acid free permanant markers.

Thanks, I think maybe the turntable needs some adjusting, just a guess.

This site is a good source if your want to make DIY adjustments of your turntable. Depending on issues try Turntable section and/or vinylengine site.

Back
Top Bottom