1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

New TU-9900 In the House!

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by JosephH, Jul 5, 2018.

1. JosephH

JosephH AK Subscriber Subscriber

I recently decided to take the plunge back into tuners after many years with just the built in McIntosh tuner module (TM-1) in my MX-132. I came across a nice clean TU-9900 at a great price due to broken glass. What should I know about this classic tuner?
    I have sourced a replacement glass face, and I am looking to get the tuner set up properly. From doing a number of searches here, the list of upgrades for the 9900 is extensive. Given a $200-$300 budget, where can I get the most bang for my buck? An alignment is a given, but where should I spend my money for the best audio improvement. I don't necessarily need a DX monster as I listen mostly to one station (located across Lake Ontario in Toronto) but i am looking for the best audio output. I would like to have Mike W do the work if he can fit me in. I have a Winegard 6010 in the attic that I think I will be using. So educate me on this beast! TIA!

I LIKE MUSIC likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mfaz28

mfaz28 Active Member

Mike W did mine. Send your's there......You'll be very happy you did !