New Turntable or Old w/new Cartridge

desplainesac

My dilemma - have Denon DP 23F turntable that is at least 15 years old, broke Grado stylus and destroyed cartridge trying to remove original stylus. Order new Grado Blue cartridge as replacement. Just received new Denon DP 29F turntable with cartridge from friend. Do I use new DP 29F turntable with Denon cartridge supplied or old Denon turntable with new Grado Blue cartridge. Listen to mostly '60's and '70's albums in good condition with occasional classical music thrown in. I know these are not "top of the line" items but any recommendation are appreciated.

My dilemma - have Denon DP 23F turntable that is at least 15 years old, broke Grado stylus and destroyed cartridge trying to remove original stylus. Order new Grado Blue cartridge as replacement. Just received new Denon DP 29F turntable with cartridge from friend. Do I use new DP 29F turntable with Denon cartridge supplied or old Denon turntable with new Grado Blue cartridge. Listen to mostly '60's and '70's albums in good condition with occasional classical music thrown in. I know these are not "top of the line" items but any recommendation are appreciated.

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

You have both, try the new cartridge in both.

Keep using the one that sounds and work best with your listening habits. :music:

Put the other one into reserve or pass it on to a friend.

Back
Top Bottom