New user looking for headphone recommendations...

I won't say Sennheiser has a corner on the market, but they have a wide choice of wired and wireless headphones over a full range of prices. You might look at the Inner ear website.

Now running Monoprice Monolith M1060C. A very noticeable step up from the AKG K712 Pro , which was in turn better than the M1060

You might want to try Grado headphones, and see if they're for you. I have a pair of SR-60 which I enjoy quite a lot. They are open back headphones, so better for use at home, than say at work or out in public.
Grado, made in USA. I have a pair and my son has a pair. The gimbal on his broke due to his constant twisting. I contacted Grado for replacement parts and they simply just mailed me a replacement. Remember what service used to be like? It's still like that at Grado. Nice company!

IME Pro 4AA's are heavy, rolled off in the highs, relatively uncomfortable, and make my ears sweat. They are not something I want to wear for any extended period of time.

You might also want to get a dedicated headphone amp if you want to spend more coin for quality. Someone mentioned the importance of the front end already, but then it gets rather expensive to do it high...but it will reward.

Back
Top Bottom