New Vincent SV-237 on the way.

GP Hill

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Vincent Integrated. Just got off the phone with Audio Advisor and I should have it by the end of the week. I am really excited to get this amp in my system. It seemed like lately my Yamaha CA-2010 was starting to have some issues. My main source is my Thorens TD 124 with a new SME M2-9 tonearm. Denon dl 301 mk2 cartridge, audio vista phono preamp and my old original one owner ADS L810 speakers. I will post some pictures after I get it and get it hooked up.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on the Vincent Integrated. Just got off the phone with Audio Advisor and I should have it by the end of the week. I am really excited to get this amp in my system. It seemed like lately my Yamaha CA-2010 was starting to have some issues. My main source is my Thorens TD 124 with a new SME M2-9 tonearm. Denon dl 301 mk2 cartridge, audio vista phono preamp and my old original one owner ADS L810 speakers. I will post some pictures after I get it and get it hooked up.

Congrats!

Congrats!

Please give us your thoughts when you've spent some time with it.

Congrats on your new purchase. I'm interested in your thoughts/impressions on this integrated amp. This is the hybrid, right? Pleaase share pics and impressions once it is set up in your system.

Congrats! I hope you know how special that amp is? Here is what Frank says about his amps.

First the amplifiers need to be technically flawless – then follows the hearing. Hereby sound is something relative and every ambitious listener will understand something different by this. My amps are supposed to have power and control, thus reproduce a powerful and at the same time pure bass. The high-range resolution must both be as clear and fine as possible without showing harshnesses. I mean without analytical coldness or edginess, but with the highest possible transparency of the sound image ...
Inevitable deviations from the concept of the »amplifying wire« should be of such a kind that they won’t impair our auditory sensation. This means that distortions should be as low as possible and have a structure on this small level which is perceived as pleasant by our ear. So I don’t use valves to create a specific sound, but to realise an amplifier as linear as possible. Which certainly sets me apart from the hard retro core of the valve lovers.

It was designed by a German designer named Frank Blöhbaum! Heres a little info on him.

Frank Blöhbaum was born and grew up in the former East Germany, in Leipzig. He build his first tube radio at age 14 and managed to sell his first tube amp at 16. He earned his masters in electronics and semiconductor physics from the Ilmenau Technical University in 1986. Frank worked for 24 years as a design engineer in the fields of optics, opto-electronics, space systems, and sensor- and measurement systems. His special field of expertise is in Lidar Time-of Flight-systems and 3D cameras, analog and digital signal processing, optoelectronics and ultrasonic sensors. He currently heads the fundamental Research Group as well as the Analog Design Working Group at a large (5000+ employees) corporation. Mr. Blöhbaum has more than 20 patents granted in the fields of optoelectronics and amplifiers and sensor systems. He designed and organized the production of the award-winning Thorens TEM 3200power amp and TEP 3800 preamp, based on his patented floating balanced amplifier concept. He also designed and organized the production of the class-AB T.A.C V-60 power amp, based on his BiasWizard® automatic bias regulation. linearaudio.net/authors/401

Frank Blöhbaum's name could make him a stranger still in hi-end circles. That's because he works behind the scenes as a contract engineer. In publishing terms, he's a ghost writer. But it's his patented floating bridge bias control circuit that runs both the Thorens TEM 3200 monos already reviewed and today's matching TEP 3800 preamplifier. And similar to Goldmund's Marcel Croese with his Adaptive Auto Bias board for PrimaLuna's Chinese Spark/Cayin platforms, it's Blöhbaum's precision bias solution that governs the TAC 60 atop Sheng Ya's AT-661 platform. The TAC 60 is a new valve integrated from the Tube Amp Company. And that is a subsidiary brand of Sintron which also owns the 14-year old Vincent brand. Both Sintron brands are built by China's Zhongshan Shenya Technological Co. Ltd*. And, Sintron is the German importer for Thorens. That's how this little connective detour neatly doubles back to our Thorens review subject. Phew....... * Before you hope for Blöhbaum's no-holds-barred Thorens circuitry in a value-priced TAC product, that particular circuitry has been exclusively licensed to Heinz Rohrer of Thorens. Sorry, no dice. This advanced stuff costs the long green. Blöhbaum's already registered "BiasWizard" module for Uwe Bartel and TAC is depicted below in the first TAC amp to incorporate it. You can read the German Stereoplay review of it here: http://www.hifionline.cz/files/tac-v60-test-magazinu-stereoplay.pdf "The Sheng-Ya AT-661 was produced in about 20 units only as a first test run. Now there is only the TAC V60." http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/thorens4/tep3800.html

Here's a write up on the Thorens TEM 3200 amps which retail for $16.000.00
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/thorens/thorens.html

and the Thorens TEP 3800 preamp that retails for $16,500.00
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/thorens4/tep3800.html

As you know.....your Vincent unlike mine, has been designed by Frank Blöhbaum and has some trickle down patents designs. I borrowed that amp for about a month from my dealer and it in fact was a few notches up from my preamp. What I noticed was that amps preamp section had great midrange detail and depth and a little faster than my preamp. Make sure you do some tube rolling once it runs in. And make sure you get some great cables and vibration control to get all the fidelity out of her you can. That amp should satisfy you for years. When I took it back to my dealer, he changed the tube in the window with a Mullard tube and left the other two in place and he really enjoyed it. So play with all the tubes in it.... get whatever tubes you want and play around with the sound to fit you needs. I use Valvo, Tungsrams, Telefunkin and TEN Kobe. all NOS tubes and love the sound.

Vincent is one of those brands that no one knows about and remain curious about. Once you get it and let her run in....you will be surprised at the fidelity.

Here's the $16,000.00 Thorens.

hero2.jpg

And the $2300 Vincent.

Vincent_Aufmacher.jpg

I think the Vincent has borrowed a little of the Thorens looks as well.

congrates!

Last edited:
Thanks Slippers. I knew how much you liked the Vincent. Kaan, who was the salesperson at Audio Advisor really took time with me today to find out what my system was, what kind of music I listened to, and what my sources are. It got down to the Vincent and the new Parasound and after about 15 minutes of give and take with Kaan he recommended the Vincent and I ordered it. Every review that I read was that this was as good as it got at that price.

Congrats on a great amp choice GP. If you are interested Bryce has a great single Mullard 12AX7 for sale on BT.

Jack

It's a pretty highly thought of tube and would replace the single in the window. Bryce's prices are usually well under the market rate, plus if it doesn't make an improvement you like you can just put it back on BT. Also you have the option of trying the lower gain 5751's, but can't tell you what effect that might have on the gain of the preamp section.

Jack

I know nothing about tubes. Is this something I should consider?

Yes....you need to educate yourself on tubes. But you have a while to learn....the Vincent tubes wont be the best, and your changing of tubes will give you better fidelity as you decide how you want your amp to sound. Mullards will give a sweeter warmer sound. German tubes are more dynamic! But youd need to educate yourself on tubes and how they sound. I suggest you reach out to Oscar who is a member on this forum....he has a vast knowledge of tubes and what they sound like.

Last edited:
Too late. I probably should listen to it like it is for a while anyway.

Yes....dont even think about changing tubes yet until at least 300-500 hours on that Vincent. And then that might not be enough as the sound may continue to change. Once you notice no more change in sound then listen for the true sound signature of the amp and then you may decide to tube roll with different tubes. When I got my power amp, that thing took upwards of 400 hours before she stopped changing in sound. Mind you, when the sound changed, some changes where great and some I thought man this thing sound ragged. Then it would change again. So dont be worried. IN the end you will be smiling from ear to ear.

GP

I didn't mean to try the Mullard right away, just something to put in your pocket for after break-in and also easy to unload if not to your liking.

Very nice looking amplifier. I hope you love it's performance.

cubdog

Man....you still have the Bel Canto amps? My dealer has all the new and latest Bel Canto gear and he drives GoldenEar with them and the fidelity is unbelievable!

Back
Top Bottom