new vintage pioneer rig :)

Nice setup there fella. With what you paid for the whole lot, I paid the same for just my tuner. We can only dream of Pioneer RtRs her in the UK with the ridiculous prices.

Anyway, enjoy your system. If you get as much use from it as I do mine it will be money well spent.

Welcome to AK!

The Advent speakers you describe are also referred to as "Original Large Advents". They were the first loudspeaker from Advent, and are highly regarded. They were built as competition to AR's also-classic AR3a speakers (and cost half of what the AR's did). You can find information about them online -- if the foam surrounds on the speakers needs replacing, they need a slightly special size. Fabulous speakers, I have a rather beat-up pair in wood connected to one of my systems.

They'd certainly be a good choice to hook up to your new Pioneer amp, as would the HPM-100's. Different speakers will have different sound, and you should choose what sounds best to your ear. Hook one pair up to each of the A and B outputs, and see which you like better. You might also try stacking them one pair atop the other and listening to A+B.

Thanks Hpsenicka

I know I try and use the search function, (which isn't all it's cracked up to be) before seeking information, this older stuff has a lot of commonly related problems, If one guy has a problem, a thousand of us will sooner or later. I'd rather try and give a new person, (hell, I just joined last month) that is willing to try and learn a direction instead of the "use the search function". It may be redundant to some of the "old timers", but if you're going to take the time to bother posting, why not make it useful? Sorry if I'm being an old stick in the mud, {Forest Gump voice on},that's all I have to say about that.

UNBELIEVABLE! That had to be a divorced wife selling her ex's pride and joy.... somebody's gonna be pissed! It's a freakin' cinderella story! Someday I'm going to find my SCORE... some day :yes: CONGRATS Jordan M Fox!

You didn't try to weasle the price down?!? After all, that stuff is like real OLD! He should have paid you to cart it off...

Nice score, dude!

To the fellow winnipeger... I bought it at garage sale dayz in white ridge last week... they had some other great stuff there... i found some really nice condition vinyl too (Ramones, Iron Maiden, sex pistols, bon jovi)...

i don't know how to better describe how this is fixed... umm i used the Deoxit to clean all the pots... i think the function was the problem.. but i did them all for good measure... i am going to do the same for all the compnents but i will be away from the system until september... i also slowly turned all the dials left to right after using the deoxit...

and to the last poster... that is about what i said to the person selling it... it was listed at $300, but i told them that i could go buy an new, much better system for about the same... little did either of us know... plus he lived in a nice big house.. so $100 is no big deal to him... he probably just wanted to get rid of it... one mans trash i guess

later

i also slowly turned all the dials left to right after using the deoxit...

That's the way you do it Jordan, Flush & turn those pots, back and forth, run sitches up & down, work that stuf in. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom