New vinyl - warped and badly pressed lps

All indications?! I just said I've had very good luck. I've purchased new vinyl for several years now, 180 gram stuff and others, and the problems have been the rare exceptions.

I am in the same boat. I buy both new albums and reissues.

First modern vinyl in ages, Chris Rea - Road Songs For Lovers (Christmas present), sides 3 and 4 hideously warped.

First modern vinyl in ages, Chris Rea - Road Songs For Lovers (Christmas present), sides 3 and 4 hideously warped.

Get it exchanged. I had a Lana Del Ray release just last week brand new have a skip in side C track 2.

I simply took it back to the shop and exchanged it. Problem solved!

Get it exchanged. I had a Lana Del Ray release just last week brand new have a skip in side C track 2.

Need to find out if it was bought on the high street or online, it certainly wasn't bought locally. Aggro either way, no receipt (to hand) and my son who bought it lives miles away.

Music Direct's policy isn't so accommodating. Buyer pays return shipping, if the replacement LPs are defective you're on your own. This lost them my business a few yrs ago after decades of buying there.

Well I suppose that is a reason to buy from retailers, high street or online, who back what they sell.

I cannot speak highly enough of Nuclear Blast Germany.

I received two albums 3 weeks ago that had pretty bad flaws. One record was warped while another had very bad surface noise on a track, bad pop every rotation for about 15 secs.

I contacted customer service and provided then with links to video of both defects.

I dealt with Matt who personally inspected the replacements, expressed shipped them to me via FEDEX to Australia, and told me I could keep the other records that had issues.

Bravo Matt and Nuclear Blast. Superb service, just sensational! :bowdown:

You will continue to get my business :thumbsup:

Well I suppose that is a reason to buy from retailers, high street or online, who back what they sell.

I cannot speak highly enough of Nuclear Blast Germany.

I received two albums 3 weeks ago that had pretty bad flaws. One record was warped while another had very bad surface noise on a track, bad pop every rotation for about 15 secs.

I contacted customer service and provided then with links to video of both defects.

I dealt with Matt who personally inspected the replacements, expressed shipped them to me via FEDEX to Australia, and told me I could keep the other records that had issues.

Bravo Matt and Nuclear Blast. Superb service, just sensational! :bowdown:

You will continue to get my business :thumbsup:

I love this. A company like NBG has staked their reputation on quality, and so they understand that QA should be done on the factory floor - NOT BY THE CONSUMER. The best companies, are those which recognize that invaluable connection that fans have made over the years. The connection??!?!? Metal = Vinyl... Jazz = Vinyl...

In today's marketplace, they have to nurture this through immaculate quality assurance & customer service. Vinyl is ironically providing a great revenue stream in the digital age, but it's being done with top craftsmanship & small runs. The companies which seek to cash in with sub par product only serve to sewer the industry.

EDIT: I just replied to the jazz version of your post, in the Jazz Playlist thread. In that genre, Music Matters is the company setting the standards by acknowledging the importance of QA.

Sadly, my girlfriend's oldest son thought it would be cool to get me a new 180g pressing of Wish You Were Here for Xmas. I was actually looking forward to spinning it until I unsealed it... One side was a messed up on the lead in and well into the first track. So sad as it was really a great idea - a great album but one that I didn't already have on any media.

Back
Top Bottom