New Vinyl

Interesting. How would this be better than digital files? I guess only listening to an original LP and a CD then an "HD" LP will be the answer. I would be happy to welcome anything that makes vinyl better.

Quality recording, mastering, pressing and quality playback equipment (doesn't always mean uber expensive) makes vinyl better. :smoke:

This has been the buzz for some time yet I've not seen one LP yet. Wouldn't mind tracking a few down. Wonder if they will call it SALP! Hahahah

It's hard to remember, but I seem to recall that I'd spend about $5.99 for albums in the 70s. If you spent $5.99 for an album in 1977, that is equivalent to $24.67 today. It would appear, then, that prices today are right in line with "the good ol' days."

On the west coast here 180 gram vinyl is going between $28-$40 in store. This is why i always shop online
I do as well. Although I have been bitched at by various people for "Not supporting local record stores". I have exactly ONE record store in my town. Its open for 3 hours on Sundays only and charges more than online by quite a bit. The selection of new is overpriced and the used selection is pretty dismal.

I agree for sure. Every once in awhile i get together with a buddy and we go to a local record shop or a local record convention. Majority of buying is done online.

So LPs will finally sound like CDs?

Ok cool!
I don't think that will ever be the case. You get noise from the needle dragging in the groove.
stylus-under-electron-microscope.gif

On the west coast here 180 gram vinyl is going between $28-$40 in store. This is why i always shop online

25-30 bucks for an album is about right. I do buy online as well, but really.. is even 40 bucks to much for a good album? Now if we were going to bitch about the price of albums check out SACDs...crap annoys me lol!

"30 percent more amplitude"

Gentlemen This is not about high definition vinyl, it's about LOUD vinyl. It's repackaged and rebranded "loudness wars" all over again. Brace yourself for a flood of terrible sounding "HD" reissues.

Well,unless the grooves are going to become much smaller,or the disc diameter much larger,claims of 30% increases in amplitude AND playing time strike me as full of shit.

Back
Top Bottom