NEW Yamaha CR2020

On the two power amplifier circuit boards measure between the chassis and the yellow wire on the second pin. Then measure between the chassis and the brown wire of the other second pin. You should not get more than a volt or two of DC.

wmc1/ ak member
I would like to thank ecluser for the information on the yamaha cr2020 print. I have found on open fuse on the main power bd.( The bd that stands up right be side the transformer) The fuse is located on the left side of the bd. under neith a large diod.
#s on the fuse are HV20422, and micron 77. I think this might be a temp. type fuse. I need more information on this guy. If I can not found this fuse , I need to know about how much current goes threw this circuit. Any information would be helpful.

The CR-2020 schematic has been uploaded to the database. As for it being hard to find, it is easy enough to get these manuals and schematics from Mike Thomasen, you just need to pay for them.

Thank you very much, merrylander, for your copy of this schematic.

We don't need to pay to have this schematic. The schematic is on page 25 of the Owner's manual. Unfortunately, the manual on the Yamaha database comes from Yamaha's web site, and they scanned the manual with the same resolution for all pages. Low resolution is acceptable for the text portion, but the schematic needs a better resolution.

I am sure the schematic on page 25 is very good if one scan it with properly. The schematic for the CR-420, CA-410 and CT-410 in the database come from my owner's manuals. I don't remember what resolution I used for the CR-420, but I used 400 dpi for the others, and the files were not that big, less than 1Meg.

My previous remark about the schematic was an invitation to those who have a paper copy of the owner's manual, to take a few minutes to make a good scan of it, and upload it on the database.

I have scanned owners manual schematics at 1200 DPI and have found them more than legible when I print them out at 24" x 36". I need them that large with my eyesight.

Question, If the owners manual has schematic ( on page 25) is there a parts list? Still looking for the little fuse on the power bd. Is there a web site I can order direct from Yamaha.

No it does not contain a parts list, but that fuse is a standard 3AG 1.0 Amp 250V fuse (as printed on the circuit board).

wmc1/ak member
Thank you for the reply marrylander, I see the fuse you are talking about. The fuse I,m looking for is on the bd that stands upright ,right in front of the power transformer. The fuse is located on the left side of the bd. and just below a big metel diod. When you remove the (thermal ) fuse ,you can see hv20422. ( That # is also on the fuse body)
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Bill

That is not a real fuse but a fusistor nominally 22 ohms. The service bulletins (available on the AK Yamaha database) recommend replacing them as well as the 33 ohm 2 watt resistors with 22 ohm and 33 ohm 3 watt resistors.

Hey guys. I have a line on picking up a cr-2020 with no lid or sides. the seller says it works. I'll probably try to take a look at it this weekend. how much is a fair price, and what kind of things should I be sure to check out when I see it? It seems a very well regarded amp, so I want to see if its worth getting, even if it needs fixing.

Mosfet for Yamaha CR2020 -AND Motor for Sony PS60CX can anyone help

Hi CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME TO GET HOLD OF A MOSFET FOR A YAMAHA CR2020 AND POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
ALSO I AM LOOKING FOR A MOTOR FOR A SONY TURNTABLE MODEL PS60CX - BOTH ITEMS ARE VERY DEAR TOO ME AND I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THEM RESTORTED TO FULLY FUNCTIONAL LEVEL.

Back
Top Bottom