New Yamaha integrated amps

Discussion in 'New Gear - Performance' started by mike0565, Mar 19, 2017.

1. mike0565

mike0565 ADS speaker nut Subscriber

I'm seriously considering buying one of these newer integrated yamaha amps. In particular the A-S801. Does anyone have one of these amps or one of the other models and can give me their opinion?

2. bjlefebvre

bjlefebvre AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have the A-S 801, having upgraded from the 501.I really like it. The phono input on the 801 is a step up, and the inclusion of a DAC is really nice. It's on the neutral side, which I like. The Luxman amp I have gives a little more rhythm, but the Yamaha is worth it just for the DAC and the sheer number of inputs. Now if it only had a mono switch. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

3. Mr Owl

Mr Owl AK Subscriber Subscriber

well, you already know I have one (that's the same model I have). I love it for the inputs as well.

I use it for all the digital stuff - bluetoothed ipad, tv optical, and even CD's (I feel CD's sound better through this than my vintage preamp). The phono stage is respectable, but won't make you forget your C4 or anything (but nice for backup). And it's silver!!

4. johnda

johnda AK Subscriber Subscriber

a-S500 and I love it had it for over 8 years and not a single problem. Listening to it right now.

boza likes this.
  5. SuperLead100

SuperLead100 "These go to 11"

I too have the A-S500 and A-S501; they sound great! I especially like the dac and Bluetooth capability of the A-S501 for wireless playback of the iPod. I find that quite convenient.:thumbsup:

boza likes this.
  6. boza

boza Well-Known Member

I also have the as500. It's not the most expensive amp I've had in my system but it's by far the best.
    I've had mine about 4 year now it's the best money I ever spent.

7. mike0565

mike0565 ADS speaker nut Subscriber

Thanks for all the input AKers. I plan on buying the A-S801 and the matching cd player s300 soon. I'm going to use it for cd's and internet radio. My yamaha c4 will still do the vinyl duties. Haven't read a bad review about the s801 or the s300.