New YAQIN VK-2100 Amplifier

Archguy

Official Roiurama Factory Rep
Arrived yesterday and I finally had time to hook it up. The power-on relay is ten seconds and still it took nearly a minute before I realized it actually puts out good sound. Tubes had to warm up! For a brief time I thought I'd made a mistake. Of course, before powering it on I opened it up to make sure everything was in good shape. China's a long way off.

I'll skip the purple prose (though I'm often entertained by it) and just say that SQ is up to the standard of my other equipment, and the device looks very cool. I may have to augment the little window with an LED or two. It doesn't really glow much IRL compared to these photos.

index.php

index.php

Ask me any questions you like! This was a great deal which is why I chose the Values forum instead of the Tube forum. Besides which: it's obviously a hybrid tube amp.

Useless video here

index.php

index.php

index.php

What class is the SS stage in the amp?

Arrived yesterday and I finally had time to hook it up. The power-on relay is ten seconds and still it took nearly a minute before I realized it actually puts out good sound. Tubes had to warm up! For a brief time I thought I'd made a mistake. Of course, before powering it on I opened it up to make sure everything was in good shape. China's a long way off.

I'll skip the purple prose (though I'm often entertained by it) and just say that SQ is up to the standard of my other equipment, and the device looks very cool. I may have to augment the little window with an LED or two. It doesn't really glow much IRL compared to these photos.

index.php

index.php

Ask me any questions you like! This was a great deal which is why I chose the Values forum instead of the Tube forum. Besides which: it's obviously a hybrid tube amp.

Useless video here

index.php

index.php

index.php

I once owned one during my stint with hybrids. It ran fairly hot powering some hard to drive Aerial Acoustic Model 5's. Not so much with other speakers. Pretty sure I rolled the tubes to Russian equivalents. Gorgeous amp with those glowing tubes enhanced by the mirrored plates.

Mine is in my office at work. Ive had it for a few years and it still sounds great! It leads a cushy life now playing background music with some small Mission speakers. Enjoy it bud!

20180302_103519.jpg

Mine is in my office at work. Ive had it for a few years and it still sounds great! It leads a cushy life now playing background music with some small Mission speakers. Enjoy it bud!
Thanks--I didn't realize they'd even been out that long. I searched before posting but only the past several months!

How does it sound compared with the Hood?

Very good question. Since they're next to one another on my work table I'll hook my CD player and do an A/B.

I've looked at this amp in the past but never pulled the trigger on one because I thought it an odd design that the tube section is not vented, but the SS power amp is. Struck me as funny.

I've looked at this amp in the past but never pulled the trigger on one because I thought it an odd design that the tube section is not vented, but the SS power amp is. Struck me as funny.

The small signal tubes run cool, the solid state a/b2 power section not so much.

It struck me as funny, too. BTW even the power section hasn't created much warmth, to my relief, and I was really cranking it last night. I wonder what (if anything) has changed, or will it get hotter with age? Granted it's unlikely to get cooler.. but it's just no issue at present.

I owned 1 years ago...it's been out about 10 year's I liked it it's been out a Looooonnnggg time, but I was shuffling through a lot of gear at the time and didn't keep it, I thought it was a bit on the bright side it had good bass weight a lil rounded....I never got to roll tubes with it though...I had a bunch of different speakers I ran it through to...

I can honestly say that it may be one of the better values in my Hi-Fi journey. I mean I still have it and its been a fee years. The only piece thats remaind with me longer are my Venerable Scott 299c and my beloved but flawed Sony X777es. It has lasted and sounds great for what it is. Leads a cushy life playing background music now, but I jhave no doubt that it could rock if called upon. Cheap and sounds good and has lasted when other amps have not. I have nothing bad to say about it. A real value in audio.

I have been looking at this amp for quite some time, reading every review I can find on it. My biggest concern is if it is setup for 120 volts and can it drive 4 ohm speakers without any problems. Can anyone answer these questions?

I have been looking at this amp for quite some time, reading every review I can find on it. My biggest concern is if it is setup for 120 volts and can it drive 4 ohm speakers without any problems. Can anyone answer these questions?

I never noticed a problem with my 4 ohm ADS 710's.

With the 4 ohm Aerial Acoustics Model 5's it ran a bit too hot for my comfort level.

I haven't noticed any heat issues at all. So far I have just run it with my vintage Infinity Kappa 6.1 S2 Towers.
They're supposed to present a fairly problematic load for many amps. Maybe I'll hook it up to my Maggies.

Just looked and the switch on the back says "115v / 230v" which is better than 110v for us in the USA.
OTOH, it being relatively cheap Chinese gear I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually 110v.
I do have a bucking transformer now for 110v tube gear but haven't used it yet.

Having only a couple viable options would have saved me a bundle. My amp uses 12AU7's which leaves me with almost unlimited options, and of course, I had to have three of everything, doncha know. <G>

Wow, what a deal too! Thanks for the reference. I also have this other one (below) which I use in wintertime only, as it does get hot. I'll be looking for tubes for it next year maybe. I already replaced all the tubes in my Jolida.

Back
Top Bottom