New Years Eve listening

Another thing I noticed last night was the difference in recording quality.

Back in Black sounded fantastic, but then I wanted to hear Thunderstruck from The Razor´s Edge. BIG difference in quality. It sounded a lot worse :(

So, another New Years Eve has come and gone; and I did some listening again last night.

Reading my old posts, it´s unbelieveable how much I and my tastes have changed over the years. All this talk about LOUD, is almost embarassing.

The older I get, the less I enjoy LOUD; or at least my ears just can´t take it any more.

I listened to Revoltion by Night from BOC at high 80s- low 90 dbA, and it was a bit too loud. I then listened to Fear Inoculum (just the one song) from Tool at similar loudness, and that just sounded awesome :) It´s a very good recording, and the drums just sound fantastic.

Next were a few songs from Back in Black from AC/DC; had to turn that down a bit though. Except for the drums on "Shoot to Thrill". That just rocks :)

Anyway, my tolerance for really loud music is getting lower and lower the older I get. There is no way in hell I could tolerate levels over 100 dbA for any length of time now.

Back
Top Bottom