New York City metro area gathering.

I am interested in a better MM/MC phono pre and if anyone has a better than average 12 VDC, 0.5 A regulated linear power supply with a 2mm barrel plug, + inside.

While brief, I had a fine time. That cabin is really neat, and has a lot of space. I wonder who set up in the kitchen! Thanks to all who made this possible. Also, thanks to jgordon for the ride up.
Another thanks to GD70 for the new plastic cover for the JVC.

Had a great time. Thanks for all the free advice and opportunity to hear equipment that I could only dream of. Sorry about that cable fiasco Dan! Let me know how you like the microscope, Tom.

Nice to have made it!! Real nice to meet all you folk.

A nice cabin....the beds were also made and ready for naps. Next time we have proper lunch and nap and then continue in the evening!! Ha!

Nice to have made it!! Real nice to meet all you folk.

A nice cabin....the beds were also made and ready for naps. Next time we have proper lunch and nap and then continue in the evening!! Ha!
Agreed. With the kitchen and space, a mid fest meal would be fun.

Last edited:
This was fantastic...Glenn, thanks so much for setting us up, the space not only sounded fine it was imbued with charm... I really enjoyed those killer ADS 910's...they define authority and grip.

It was so great to see everyone and make some new acquaintances as well. The Bozak speakers, those wonderful Wharfedales (that especially transform the space on Jazz) and The Fisher kit really made for some captivating listening experiences....And Tyler, it's going to be an Alive and Amplified day... Thanks for the autograph, and somewhere along the way maybe we can work a trade, who knows...Do you like ethnic art and percussion..?

Saggy...call me and we'll get that new cart in...

DS2000... it was great to see you again..thanks for the RS speakers...just happened to have a use for surround... hope you love the LP,,, next year maybe we can plan in advance and I can help you get your equipment there so everyone can appreciate it...

Thanks for such wonderful comradery everyone... PEAK DAY!

Last edited:
Hey guys!
I'm glad the lodge worked out! It actually sounded pretty good in there. Had a great time seeing some old face and new.

The systems were top notch! Loved Jims Bozaks, Tyler's Warfedales amazing and surprisingly rich sound for an open baffle design, the KLHs were the big surprise, very nice detail and big bass, driven with that drool worthy Fisher tube gear! Chris's stack of AR-LST & LST-2's driven with those Altec mono blocks sounded fantastic!
Thanks for all the help getting the place cleaned up and back to the way it was when we arrived!

A few hikers popped in to see what all the noise was about too!

So I'll reserve the lodge for next September around the same time!

I'll post more pics in a bit.

Glenn

Thanks again Glenn for putting the day together, had a great time meeting all you cool dudes and hearing your cool gear!

:beerchug:

Thanks again Glenn for putting the day together, had a great time meeting all you cool dudes and hearing your cool gear!

:beerchug:
This is why I love these gatherings. Meeting new people in person, talking gear and music, getting to see and hear gear you would probably never get a chance to hear.

The new rule is that if you bring something that sounds fantastic
Fabulous. I wish i could have attended. Would have been fun... Those 910 would be on their way North....LOL Kudos to you all!

Unfortunately, no one was selling their fantastic gear!!! :( :biggrin::biggrin:
I left there realising how much more I have to convInice the wife to let me hoard and try stuff! There is so much there to experience, but she just does not get it. At least my kids were witnesses. They know my pain...there is hope.:):):D:D

Looks like a great day!
A lot of hard surfaces based on the pictures. Thought room might've needed a rug:idea:.
I am sorry i missed (my fault, double booking AK and family event on same day!)
Hopefully next one.
Mid Atlantic in 4 weeks for anyone so inclined.

Folks brought spot treatments, which helped. The rooms were lively, but sounded quite good overall.

The new rule is that if you bring something that sounds fantastic

Unfortunately, no one was selling their fantastic gear!!! :( :biggrin::biggrin:
I left there realising how much more I have to convInice the wife to let me hoard and try stuff! There is so much there to experience, but she just does not get it. At least my kids were witnesses. They know my pain...there is hope.:):):D:D
Just buy the stuff, then apologize! Way easier than asking permission!

Glenn,
I did this ^^^ with the TAD TZ-9LTD speakers lol. I was frozen out for a day!

I was expecting the sonics to not be great, but those that were at the Church basement gathering in NJ, felt the Lodge sounded a lot better.
Here's some more pics of the setups and some of the gear for sale.
Glenn
IMG_3665.jpg IMG_3661.jpg IMG_3662.jpg IMG_3664.jpg IMG_3663.jpg IMG_3667.jpg IMG_3666.jpg IMG_3669.jpg IMG_3670.jpg IMG_3668.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom