New York City metro area gathering.

2 Channel...I know the answer...just wanted to make you say it! Thank goodness my wife is originally from BKLYN!

Did you say FREE and weekly get togethers ? How many rooms do you have available ? I bet we could make monthly shows happen....Please count me in for spring, summer, fall and winter events...

I guess more on point,
Fall meet is set (right Glenn?)
There has been chatter about a late winter early spring event (S.I.?)
Is the earlier gaining any traction?

I would love to host such an event....my whole empty house is available...just need some interest...most upcoming weekends are good. You will need tables. I'll set a date in the next day or two and if there is enough interest well do it... No fees no nothing...also have isolated ground outlet and a recording studio w/glass and all..so if anyone is interested they can pm me after I list the date..

I guess more on point,
Fall meet is set (right Glenn?)
There has been chatter about a late winter early spring event (S.I.?)
Is the earlier gaining any traction?
Fall meet at the Blue Mtn Lodge is set.
Chris, throw some dates out for a meet at your house. I would attend if I'm free for the agreed upon date.
Glenn

Did anyone get to the Stereo Exchange event last night? Rogue, VPI, Totem, and Transparent cables were all there to talk. I went and had a really nice time.

I was very impressed with Vince from Totem and his explanation of their speakers and high-powered magnets. I’m a huge Totem fan and there’s no question i would move up the line after listening to him.

Also was nice to hear from Bill from Rogue Audio. He explained a little about how they’re able to make such good gear at a good price.

The VPI guys were charming and witty, too. And they brought the Cliffwood table which sounded absolutely wonderful.

Transparent Cables was also there to explain a little about what they do. One day I’ll be able to spend more on my cables but for now I’ve enjoyed using the DYI kits we are fortunate to have here on AK.

Overall, the message that was sent is that those 4 companies make audio gear for people to look at, touch, feel, and listen to. They want their stuff to be made with quality and be unpretentious at the same time. They’re about the enjoyment of the music, not the arms race of an insatiable hobby.

And, as they all use each other’s gear in their own demo rooms, it was nice to hear their synergy both from their mouths and from their equipment.

My two cents.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review.
I had to be in the city at 5:30 am yesterday.
Couldn't wait to come home and crash.

Just in case anyone is not reading the other thread...date for Staten Island is April 15th (assuming my house doesn't sell before then... Just pm me with your email and Ill make an info list...do check out the other post guys....and could someone clarify for me the other dates? Thank guys!

I didn't know anything about the Stereo Exchange event. Totem Winds are on my list to hear/buy if I come across a good deal.

I was very impressed with Vince from Totem and his explanation of their speakers and high-powered magnets. I’m a huge Totem fan and there’s no question i would move up the line after listening to him.

Wish I could have gone. My Totem Element Fires have been good to me. They've been getting a rest while I play through other speakers prior to selling. lots and lots of really tough decisions to make. :) I hope to make the trek for the NY Audio Show at some point.

Guys...just send me your email via PM...next week I'll have an email out to everyone...Many ideas..cable shoot outs, live acoustic performance, 78 demo with free 78s to all who want them..and of course then equipment demos/sales...more? Ideas...lmk

Back
Top Bottom