New York City metro area gathering.

Of course...Ill list a bunch of dates... mostly Sats in October..assume thats best for most...will probably start a new thread in events..create an itinerary after checking with some places for favoribility... Great seeing you!

The crawl might be interesting, so may the Harmon store. They have the DD67000 set up, and the theater room is a one million dollar sound proofed affair which will blow your mind. Levinson and Revel are set up downstairs as well.
For an actual gathering, I’m still willing to check in on my old church home in Westfield NJ. I could also find out if some of the larger churches in N. Manhattan have any space too.

Might take a day or two to unveil something complete...working...working...(like the computer loading a page)...have to make some contacts...to go where no man has gone before...some place really special!

Yes, the audio adventure is never complete and rarely logical, captain....

For ultimate demo venues, stages in mini auditoriums are the best way for best sound. As mentioned in the recent Peekskill thread postings, a communal eqpmt arsenal can make the adventure less stressful while travelling then loading and unloading and reloading....Some stages have adjacent carpeted floors and maybe even curtains, very helpful sometimes with some systems. Live musicians who can be convinced to perform before or after eqpmt demos can be very "enlightening" to say the least...

Guys, it looks like I'm going to be tied up with doctors and tests over the next 3-4 weeks and will have to put this on hold for a while. Didn't know til yesterday afternoon and thought I could carry on but I really can't concentrate right now until I get some results and answers.I had a very rough night and am trying to just keep my cool. It might be nothing big..or not..remains to be seen but I sincerely apologize. I even went in to the city this AM to meet tannerman for some speakers and came home really shaky. I thought I could keep pushing but just now decided I need to pause. Please know if things work out, I'll be rocking on this like crazy, but simply can't at the moment. I am so sorry. My very best to all.

Guys, it looks like I'm going to be tied up with doctors and tests over the next 3-4 weeks and will have to put this on hold for a while. Didn't know til yesterday afternoon and thought I could carry on but I really can't concentrate right now until I get some results and answers.I had a very rough night and am trying to just keep my cool. It might be nothing big..or not..remains to be seen but I sincerely apologize. I even went in to the city this AM to meet tannerman for some speakers and came home really shaky. I thought I could keep pushing but just now decided I need to pause. Please know if things work out, I'll be rocking on this like crazy, but simply can't at the moment. I am so sorry. My very best to all.
Take care of yourself, this can wait.
Hoping nothing serious is going on.

Agreed with Glenn above me here. Take care, I’ll work on the possible church auditorium for late winter early spring. I have appropriate contacts now.

Also deep in Suffolk Long Island. I'm interested to meet local Akers. .....also limited exposure to others audio nirvanas......

Happy new year everyone! Hope everyone’s having a good start of the year.

Reviving this thread as I am a new member and just started this awesome audiophile adventure. Been a fan and appreciative of really excellent sounding audio setups since high school, just didn’t have the time and money to immerse myself in my younger years haha! Would be great to meet and learn from the seasoned and lifelong audiophile hobbyist here and the AK community.

I’m from Bergen county NJ so pretty flexible to meet folks around north, east, west, south.
Happy listening everyone!

Just an update; it's been five months (not the four weeks I expected) and I am under proper care for a bad pinched nerve in my back going down my left arm and hand. I have a pain management doctor that has pain somewhat under control and I'm somewhat functional again if I don't have to lift or bend much. In the end I think it's going to require patience and time on my part.

Net, net, I am recovering and hoping to get together with some of you before the next big meet. If you would like to hang in Staten island and hear music on my system/systems reach out via PM.

@Ds2000 a Harmon visit, hell an Ojas visit would be great and then we can go bust their chops at "In Living Stereo" for a little while. Also Generation records is a nice stop for LPs. If you wanted to do something like this reach out.

Harmon in NYC is closed?
It’s downtown now, SoHo on the corner of Houston and Crosby. Much smaller and not really worth a visit like the old store.
Sure, I’d be happy to have a day like this.

Back
Top Bottom