New York City metro area gathering.

Warning. I got an error message and a virus alert when I clicked that link!
Yeah my bad, and the mod is correct. It's in BT, which is a subscriber svc. I don't think there is a better way to handle this on the AK site though. And adverts are supposed to be in BT. Hmmmm, ideas anyone?

I was interested until I see the dates- 9/10 and 9/17 I'll be at CarverFest in North Carolinas.

Hola, this is Danny. I'm not able to confirm my attendance at this time (soccer games, dance recitals, whatever else happens when you have 3 kids), but i'd like to be included on the list in the hopes that i can swing out there.

On another note - if we ever need a NYC place to meet, I work at a building in Times Square and i have free access to the conference room, which is certainly big enough for what it looks like we would be throwing at it. Just food for thought for a later meetup.

I live in Staten Island and would love to be a part of this... I have a ton of very clean unpicked LPs and CDs as I just moved and have to downsize...some equipment and books too. I will register and if anyone has specific interests in genres I guess the best place to post would be in the BT thread. Chris

I am in too
I need a first name to send to John, Sancho.
Supercool, Saggy, and Tom B have been added. I am sure you could bring LPs and CDs as Audio Connection is not in that business.
If you are bringing a component to demo, why would it matter if you reached an agreement with another member, as long as things are used and within reason. Not an open sales trip with new equipment. The purpose of the meet is to allow us to hear equipment we would not have the opportunity to hear otherwise and to show off our prides and Joys. I won't bring my Alexandria; but I may bring a few head shells with cartridges mounted if someone is bringing a table that accepts them. Cartridges are something you can almost never hear before buying, so it would be a great opportunity. It might even result in a sale for the store. I may bring an SACD player and a few hybrid discs. Can you hear the difference, or am I full of s#!t? That kind of stuff. Just my $0.02.

On second thought, if you have any questions about etiquette just ask John when you call. It's his house, after all.

Hola, this is Danny. I'm not able to confirm my attendance at this time (soccer games, dance recitals, whatever else happens when you have 3 kids), but i'd like to be included on the list in the hopes that i can swing out there.

On another note - if we ever need a NYC place to meet, I work at a building in Times Square and i have free access to the conference room, which is certainly big enough for what it looks like we would be throwing at it. Just food for thought for a later meetup.

I like the idea. Bring gear to Times Square might prove challenging. ( no street parking). Maybe if 2 travel together, one could stop by building with a cart and driver could park in a pay lot:idea:

that's great there is more interest. The dates seem fine for me at this point

I'll definitely bring more equipment, I have 2 outboard DACs an ultra fi tda r2r, yamaha ddp-1 pcm burr brown, I can bring hafler p4000 power amp, which is my new reference. I can bring a lexicon pre, and maybe my pair of kappa 6.1s or RBH 641SE

I have a lot of "exotic" high end cables from the likes of magnan cables, van den hul, ixos, vampire wire etc I can bring if people want to experiment.

I like the idea. Bring gear to Times Square might prove challenging. ( no street parking). Maybe if 2 travel together, one could stop by building with a cart and driver could park in a pay lot:idea:

we obviously have a loading dock, I'd just have to find out availability (union rules, and all that jazz). the adjacent building is a parking garage, btw. as i said - food for future thought.

Last edited:
If the meet up were in the city itself mass transit would about cover most of it. In my case I'd take the NE corridor to Penn Station then catch a subway.
I guess NYC has really changed since I left 30 years ago. Carrying a few MAC or Marantz pieces would surely have been liberated from you on the D train.

Back
Top Bottom