Newbie 2105 Re-cap Guidance?

Noahpdavis

I had a post in the Solid State section and it was suggested that I post something here.

Wanted to run my parts list by you guys to see if you had any notes/suggestions. I was going to use the Panasonic FC Series capacitors and order everything from Mouser.

Am I missing any? Will these fit? It seems hard to find replacement axials in the correct values, so I guess people just use radials and bend the leads to fit?

My main hope is to replace the ones that will theoretically improve the sound.

If anyone has a parts numbers list they've successfully installed that they could share I'd really appreciate it.

C1,2 Mylar ,22uF 250V - not replacing

C3,4 Mylar .47uF 250V - not replacing

C5,6 Elect. 500uF 16V - replace with 560uf - 16vdc

C9,10 Elect. l0uF 25V NP - replace with 10uf 25vdc

C11,12 Elect. 100uF 15V - replace with 100uf 16vdc

C101,102 Elect. 330uF 3V - replace with 330uf 6.3vdc

C121,122 Elect. 10uF 50V - replace with 10uf 50v

C201,202 Mylar ..47uF 250V - not replacing

C203,204 Elect. 100uF 3V - replace with 100uf 6.3vcd

Any help/advice you have is much appreciated. I've done some recapping of pinball machine sound boards, and suppliers sell kits with all the caps/values you need to upgrade, which is very handy :). This make your own kit thing is a bit confusing - ha.

Thanks!

You can get axials from Mouser, Nichicon's TVX series. Mouser is one of the few large vendors who still carry these guys. Panasonic FC and FM series are a good choice for your radials, or PW series from Nichicon.

Note-- The non-polar caps must be replaced with non-polar caps. Panasonic's SU series works fine here, although I can't find them on Mouser's website. Digi-Key stocks them, though.

Lastly, the 500uF cap can be replaced with a 470uF, the difference is not significant, and the 470uF will be much easier to find as it's a standard value. Remember that voltages can be higher if the vendor is out of stock on the specific one you listed, for example, use 25 volts to replace 16 volts.

I have replaced C9,10 with film caps,( can be a tight fit) or Nichicon muse ES radials.

I do prefer the Vishay axial caps......they seem to have bought out all the European axial cap manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom