Newbie From Maine

greyhound

Hi All.
Signed up last summer at the urging of another member from whom I bought a Pioneer SX 838 receiver. I've been lurking awhile but recent health issues have precluded my participation in this great forum so far. I'm first and foremost a record collector (Classic Rock) but in the course of my constant searching of yard sales and thrift shops I have accumulated a treasure trove of cheap, vintage stereo gear and find that I'm now hooked. I have a particular affection for Pioneer, since having purchased my first real system in SE Asia in 1972. My QX 8000 Quad receiver, PL 50 TT and Sansui SP 2500 speakers are still in use in one of my systems today. Other systems I currently have connected are:

Record Room #1: SX 838, PL 518, SG 9500 EQ, SR 202W Reverb, RH 65 8-Track Rec/Play, Rectilinear XLA's.
Record Room #2: Marantz 2265B, Garrard Zero 100, AR 4X's
Computer For Burning CD's: SX 580, PL 115D
Basement:
SX 780, PL 518X, Akai GX 4000D RTR, CS-07's
SX 750, PL 520, CS-05's
Kenwood KR 7400, Miracord 50H, Klipsch KG-4's
SX 636, PL 30, Sansui SP 3500's

With the exception of the system bought in SE Asia and the SX 838 I bought from another AK'r, everything listed cost me no more than $40 per component, most were $10 apiece, including the like-new Klipsch speakers, which came from the local Goodwill. I have dozens more pieces that I like to assemble systems from just for the fun of it. I'm constantly switching out components.

I look forward to participating in some small way in the the future, though my technical expertise is limited to changing bulbs and cleaning controls!

Welcome Greyhound. Your on the right track buying vintage.....

Sounds like you have a the start of a great collection....

Welcome Sir! I visit that area almost once a week. a few nice restaurants I'm very fond of close by to you!

Welcome from the Berkshires of western MA, where it never seems to stop snowing....

You seem to be well equipped for listening there. Nice! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom