Newbie from Seattle

socrates63

I listen mainly with headphones and frequent headphone forums. Recently, I asked about a Sansui system that I saw on craigslist, and someone referred me to this community.

I've had only two complete speaker systems: a Kenwood system purchased in the mid-80s which was given away a few years ago, and a Denon bookshelf system, bought ten years ago, which requires new speakers. I never used either of these systems extensively.

My current interest in stereo gear lies with vintage equipment. I got my first taste when I bought a Pioneer PL-12D turntable from a local vintage gear collector last year. I love the look of vintage audio gear and the build quality when things were built to last. I look forward to picking up some pieces, like a receiver/tuner, to use with my headphones.

I've much to read and much to learn from AK. Looking forward to my stay. :banana:

Welcome.This site is a fountain of knowledge if you have the time to soak it up.Some of the best down to earth and helpful people.Good to see another NW'er here.

Welcome to AK from the Olympic's!
If your still thinking of the Sansui you saw on CL,
Post the model numbers and you should get some
feedback !?! (Things can go Very fast on CL)

CRAP! another local thrifter to compete with...

uh..

I mean, welcome aboard. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome.

In regards to the Sansui Classique components that I inquired about, the replies have fallen into two categories: (1) it's free so take it (2) it's average at best.

Welcome Socrates.

I'm a Seattle AKer - just joined in the last month or so. It's a great community and a valuable resource. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom