Newbie from Southeast PA

Egetaseb

Hi,
I'm just introducing myself. I have always loved music but never owned a good sound system. I basically listen to music on my phone . I don't know much about what's available in the market but I am interested in a classic, older setup....(Not too old because I am not ready or equipped to deal with maintenance challenges). My ideal setup will also include a cd/dvd player and turntable. I like jazz, blues, and R&B, and classic rock.
Thanks

Hello there// I approached a similar 1st system build a while back and this site and members have been an amazing resource. The best initial response I received was, "figure out your budget, then spend 90% of it on speakers, fill in the rest with what's left and then build from there as more $ come available."

Also, it will help to get more responses, by reposting this Q in the General forum or under the related sections like https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/solid-state.13/ "Hi, I'm looking for a receiver, not sure about the model but I like these brands, colors.. The features I'm looking for are A, B, C and my price range is $1, 2, 3.. any suggestions?"

If you become a subscriber, at some point, you can also post WTB (want to buy) listings in the Barter Town section, where you may find that some of the hoarders on here are willing to part with a receiver/ CD player.. for very low costs. Folk here tend to help each other out and prices offered herein, are usually far less than they'd ask, selling on other places.

So far this year, I bought a preamp from BarterTown and sold 2 components, totalling $570, to another subscriber and saved $57.00 on ebay seller fees, doubling my $25.00 subscriber investment. Worth it? Yes.

Hi5

Welcome.

With being a member here, and having thrift stores, Goodwill, Craigslist ect, you'll be moving in the right direction in no time.

I like searching "vintage audio" on Craigslist, you'll be amazed at what you'll see for sale.

Back
Top Bottom