Newbie Troubleshooting Sony TC-WR90ES

fastpenguin

Pretty sure this is my first post here, though I've been spending a bunch of time doing research and learning from these forums... I'm hoping I can get some help with this tape deck I picked up at a thrift store for $25.
I plugged it in at the store, popped both cassette doors open, and decided to take it home for further inspection since it looked and felt solid and clean.

I'm new to the world of building stereo systems and piecing together components, and this is probably the first time I've messed around with a cassette tape since I started buying CD's when I was 13 or 14.

I took the cover off and did a brief inspection (looked for anything clearly broken, missing, or out of place) and couldn't find anything wrong.

The left cassette door won't open now, the one on the right opens and closes fine (gonna have to get used to the door closing on its own!) but I can't get a tape to play (though FF works fine)

What should I be looking for from here? Is anyone familiar with this model or one similar?

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom