Newest Daily Bedroom Setup

M0therG00se

Ha! If any of you recognize my posts of my rooms daily system transformations over the last year or more will be seeing hopefully more permanent set up. I have had my brothers bed removed from the space giving me room to place my bed and a listening position and giving me a place to sit to listen. I also have downsized the equipment where has before I had two triple Stacks side by side where where now it's the pioneer 9500 and it's tx90 500 below and then to the left is the Kenwood tk14 TX running as the preamp for the pioneer. The techniques below the Kenwood I don't really use anymore but I love the way that it looks being on and sometimes I don't mind just having it on is ambient light because it really is a work of art. Well here's a few pictures I just took and the room needs some sound deadening I believe because I think you could sound better with combating the angular ceiling I have upstairs. That being said it's nice at least to be able to sit on my bed against the wall and listen for once. IMAG1512.jpg IMAG1511.jpg IMAG1508.jpg IMAG1504.jpg

Wow, what about placing Your Gear on the short wall(probably already tried it).......that's a Large Soundstage just thinking a little More Distance. :idea:

Thanks for Sharing, Mike. :smoke:

I wish I had a way to figure out optimum placement by one of the precision microphone programs. By the way I think it needs spread out a bit as well regardless. I am putting up some thick cloth to hang in my walkway cutting it off. Making a box for the sound may work better. As of now it's a big Pot with a long handle bouncing on the octagon walls.

Any pointers and I'll take a stab at it.

There's plenty of different music that gets played all the time. On a regular I play a wide spectrum but I have wanted a centered spot for listening lately. I have a mission to make the speakers disappear going on and it's actually really hard haha

Although a few times lately it has it felt out of the normal listening. It was when playing a cd, curtains closed, lights dim, and put the covers on the speakers.

I have had to learn to listen over watching bass haha I like my bass low and loud

Here's the lost treasure I found today. Was a previous home owners that he left by his old work bench in my basement. Anyways I nerded out and spent my evening sanding it, cleaning, and polyurethane clearing it. Needs another but I'm not worried about much after that.

Would like to use it for audio/stereo parts. but does anyone have a good idea what might be a use for it? Would like to keep it audio related n used regularly up in my room though...regardless it's night n day from what it was before I found it!!

It's a second floor. The house is a cape cod so that's why it's shaped the way it is. The dedicated attics are on the other side of the walls. My room has vents for return air and 2 closets so it is unofficially a bedroom. Although it technically is a two bedroom because when the house was marketed it was under 2 bedrooms with a bonus wreck room upstairs. Something about the 2ND floor not being a bedroom madr the price go down which apparently was good for buyers haha!

Instead of having several pairs of different speakers try setting up one pair in the optimal positions. IME a speaker width of 70% of the listening distance is a good place to start. An equilateral triangle setup IMO/E places the speakers to far apart.

Back
Top Bottom