Newish Rock Music

Just found Johnny Marr put out solo LP's. Hard to keep up sometimes:music: but I like what I hear. This one off his 2013 solo debut The Messenger.

and this one released this year:

Liking what I hear enough to buy 4 of his LP's.

Last edited:
All Dogs - Black Hole

i like her voice and how she sings, i don't know, her voice is soothing, comforting.

throwback 1

Cowboy Junkies - Miles From Our Home

"out there searchin' out there fumblin'

love this song...although there isn't a harp on the studio version, that's weird

Last edited:
I'm no good @ this thread, the most "contemporary musical artist" I listen to is Jack White - and even then only his White Stripes era material. I do have an LP (why, not sure) by Joanna Newsom, but to be straight w/ y'all, I listened to once and shelved it. Hey: do Ben Chasny (forget his group's name...Espers? Six Organs Of Admittance?) and/or Fursaxa (Psych/Freak Folk gal - forget her name... Tanya Something...? Kinda like Newsom except that I like Fursaxa's songs) count as newish? I do occasionaly, i.e., more than only once, listen to these two acts. Also so-called Freak Folk guy named Jack Rose -- like him a lot -- but IIRC he died, kinda atta young age, several years ago.

throwback 1

Cowboy Junkies - Miles From Our Home

"out there searchin' out there funblin'

love this song...although there isn't a harp on the studio version, that's weird

Alright: if Cowboy Junkies are acceptable as Newish Rock, so are a lot of bands in my album (LPs, CeeDees, and FLAC) collection. I can contribute.

Alright: if Cowboy Junkies are acceptable as Newish Rock, so are a lot of bands in my album (LPs, CeeDees, and FLAC) collection. I can contribute.

not really, it's a throwback. i put these in to hopefully illuminate the bridge from the past, pre 2000, to today.

I'm no good @ this thread, the most "contemporary musical artist" I listen to is Jack White - and even then only his White Stripes era material. I do have an LP (why, not sure) by Joanna Newsom, but to be straight w/ y'all, I listened to once and shelved it. Hey: do Ben Chasny (forget his group's name...Espers? Six Organs Of Admittance?) and/or Fursaxa (Psych/Freak Folk gal - forget her name... Tanya Something...? Kinda like Newsom except that I like Fursaxa's songs) count as newish? I do occasionaly, i.e., more than only once, listen to these two acts. Also so-called Freak Folk guy named Jack Rose -- like him a lot -- but IIRC he died, kinda atta young age, several years ago.

i don't follow/like bands, i like songs. JN is not for everyone, i'll def get that. but this song i like, also "Erin" it;s a very sad song to me, but i don't know why. i like songs like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom