newly acquired mc240

cduarte

This thing is a beauty, much nicer than the rust buckets on that auction site. It will complete the living room setup for a very good friend of mine. I facilitated the purchase and the price was well below auction site prices. In fact, I wanted to keep it for myself and give him one of my mc225s. It's 100% stock, and will be rebuilt with authenticaps and russian pios. My tech has a mod for the diode rectifier, which turns out is really a 1/2 wave rectifier. He adds 2 more diodes to make it a full wave rectifier which improves output power by about 15%. I'm really psyched for my friend. He recently bought my m series mx110 which was rebuilt by the same tech and after about 6000 hours the only tubes which needed replacement were 2 of the 6u8s. He's currently running it with my dynaco st70 but wanted a complete McIntosh set and is using klipsch klf-20 speakers, which are really excellent speakers.

aYhPCUc.jpg

htPCBXR.jpg

uySKjo8.jpg

ocjY10I.jpg

This thing is a beauty, much nicer than the rust buckets on that auction site. It will complete the living room setup for a very good friend of mine. I facilitated the purchase and the price was well below auction site prices. In fact, I wanted to keep it for myself and give him one of my mc225s. It's 100% stock, and will be rebuilt with authenticaps and russian pios. My tech has a mod for the diode rectifier, which turns out is really a 1/2 wave rectifier. He adds 2 more diodes to make it a full wave rectifier which improves output power by about 15%. I'm really psyched for my friend. He recently bought my m series mx110 which was rebuilt by the same tech and after about 6000 hours the only tubes which needed replacement were 2 of the 6u8s. He's currently running it with my dynaco st70 but wanted a complete McIntosh set and is using klipsch klf-20 speakers, which are really excellent speakers.

aYhPCUc.jpg

htPCBXR.jpg

uySKjo8.jpg

ocjY10I.jpg

Outstanding condition. I see it is the the first version which is even more difficult to find with such excellent cosmetics. Looking forward to hearing how it compares with your 225.

Congratulations.

I'm interested in comparing the 2 myself. We'll be using the new Tung Sol 6l6gc str black plates, which I'm using in my bogen rp60 in place of the original 7355s. It sounds great. I'll also be using them in a pair of heathkit w4-am that I'm rebuilding.

You lucky bastage - that thing is gorgeous. Looks like new. Congrats and I look forward to your impressions when restored..

Nice! I am your friend too.

ok, then I have a list of tasks for you to perform that I'm no longer able to, due to numerous spinal, cervical and knee injuries which were severely aggravated due to a severe case of lyme disease in September of 2015. In the past few months, I've had cervical fusion C5-C7 with C6 being removed, to lessen the risk of paralysis but no reduction in pain since my spinal cord was compressed 50%., all cervical vertebrate are damaged from C1 to T1. I also had surgery to correct a punctured colon which has ended up with a diagnosis of Crohn's. I also have severe sciatica from ruptured disks l2/l3 and am awaiting a knee replacement for my left knee due to a failed acl repair. I had surgery in january to remove a screw to facilitate the replacement of my left knee.

So you'll need to help cleanup my basement, garage, stump grind 2 rather large stumps in the yard before I can consider you to be a friend. I anxiously await your arrival to complete those tasks.

I have 2 MC240 in excellent condition but can't compare to this one . Outstanding condition, the chassis look like new . Enjoy .

I wish I lived closer to you so we can enjoy music together and I am sure we would become friends. I would help you because that's just how we roll. I had a meniscus removed (not trimmed bye bye) about 4 months ago and I still limp and also found out my C5 & C6 are compressed and severe Sciatica. I have been exercising and doing better. I had to trim a dying tree and mow 1.5 acres today by hand because my rider took a shit. I am hurting scooter now. Keep the faith! I have my MC-225 that's rusted badly and I bought a new chassis for it. I just need to get the nerve up to start drilling rivets out. Your friend is lucky. How do you get lyme disease BTW? I have a lot of deer in my yard and one time had a tic in my leg and it didn't like the thought of that because it's been common here to get it from deer tic. I wear long pants when mowing now.

Connecticut is the epicenter for Lyme disease. Some people think it came from Plum Island which was a DoD biowarfare facility and since it's a spirochete, is possibly a modified form of syphilis. The deer population in CT is far in excess of Ohio due to there being far fewer hunters so deer ticks are everywhere. BTW, every single vertebrate in my neck is damaged, as is my pituitary from an accident in the Sahara back in 1993.

so the cream puff got dropped off at my techs today for a complete rebuild. Should be done by saturday

Back
Top Bottom