Newly addicted in North Carolina, Help!

B.BeAdrian

• I finally have a space of my own in a new home I’m renovating . At first all I wanted was a cool receiver to play background music through a pair of soliloquy Sat5 speakers and S-10 subwoofer I’ve had stashed away since the early 2000’s. I stumbled across this site when googling info on vintage receivers , every model I looked up this site came up with numerous forums so naturally I decided to become a member. In the span of 30 days my search for a cool receiver has lead to purchase of 4 units and a Pioneer SG-9500 eq , I know I know What the hell man !? So far I own a Mitsubishi DA -R10 an Onkyo TX 5000, Pioneer SA-8800 and finally a Yamaha CR 600. I’m still deciding on a turntable so I’ve been in the turntable forums but I’d like to hear any suggestions if anyone wants to volunteer anything. My plans are to “audition” any equipment I buy with my soliloquy’s . I love the sound of them and the company is now out of business so they’re probably more of a rare collectible (Im keeping them no matter what ) . I want to see which brands “house sound” works well w/my speakers . I have lots of question about “mods” and issues with some of the equipment I’ve purchased but I’ll get to those on other forums. I’m looking forward to being active here and being apart of the community!

Welcome to AK! I got on board when I came across the speakers pictured in my avatar. AK had a lot of good info. Took time to restore, but they now sound amazing. Enjoy! and remember it's not all about 'vintage' it's also about quality sound.

Yes of course not all vintage , I own a lot of the newest Sony component AV gear its not glamorous like other big names in HT gear but Ive always enjoyed the sony sound. @infullview

Back
Top Bottom