News at 11:00

Wnak, sure glad you missed the deer, we have those lawn rats all over the place here as well. They have to be the morons of the animal kingdom. Well after a night's sleep in my own bed with my teddy bear, I feel much better. Spring has apparently sprung, our daffs are blooming all over, the clematis on the front porch is starting to bud so I must cut them back (even if I don't get the old vines removed), and there is some astilbe to plant in the grove as those damn lawn rats do not like it. We are supposed to hit 80 today, that is not spring, that's summer. We don't have four seasons here, more like 3-1/4.

Rob

Oh, yeah...Deer..Big rats w/antlers...Ultimate pests...Can destroy years & years worth of hard work of landscaping in no time. They make the roadways dangerous at night, in the morning, & all times during mating season...Unless you live in an area where they have hunts, they lose their fear of man fairly quickly.

Another present garnered on the way home, sleeping in the guest room 'cause I have the damndest head cold. On the shuttle to the airport the only other passenger sat right behind me and coughed on the back of my head, maybe he was the one. Don't want to pass it on to Florence as she is only just getting over hers. The odd part is that I caught that one and was over it before I left. I think I am going to become a hermit.

Rob,

If you need any help with getting the yard ready for summer let me know. I'd be happy to give you a hand for a day or two.

ExJxC said:
Rob,

If you need any help with getting the yard ready for summer let me know. I'd be happy to give you a hand for a day or two.

Thanks, but our handyman called last night, now all I have to do is get my tractor back from the dealer. The steering hydraulics were leaking and Ariens wants $400 for a new cylinder. They won't sell just the piston rod and that is all I need. They were going to see if a local machine shop could fabricate that part.

Back
Top Bottom