Next Weeks new McIntosh model is???

The new model notice has been sent out so this will be the last clue...

The new model used 8, D-to-A converters.

Thanks,
Ron-C

MX 138 WCPASYG (we can process any signal you got). McIntosh's all new completely future proof processor!!:banana: ???

:pawprint:

The new model notice has been sent out so this will be the last clue...

The new model used 8, D-to-A converters.

Thanks,
Ron-C

1 per channel? (for Dolby Tru HD, DTS Master Audio)

4 per channel? (for a stereo DAC)

8 per channel? (For a whopping MONO DAC! 2 per stereo rig!)

I know! I know!! I know!!!

McIntosh is going retro with the return of the MLD7020 laserdisc player. The extremely limited production run blows the price up into the $5 - $10k range. All the DACs are for synthesizing all the possible different sound schemes depending on whether you run only two speakers or go as far as a 7.1 audio system.

The Noble Geek

We already build such an un-metered preamp, C220 and C46. Once you have a pre with meters you will understand just how useful they are.
By the way Stillone, the new model would stream line and raise the performance of your personal system by quite a bit!
Thanks,
Ron-C
Ron, I just wanted to go back to your comment to this post. Now I have been only listening to my MCD-500 for a few hours yesterday and about an hour tonight. You were spot on. It did simplify my system (removed an external DAC for my MS-300) and has improved the sound of my system. Thanks for the heads up!

I will keep updating my impressions in the current post. Too bad I have to leave town for the weekend, I want to listen!!

Jim

Ron, I just wanted to go back to your comment to this post. Now I have been only listening to my MCD-500 for a few hours yesterday and about an hour tonight. You were spot on. It did simplify my system (removed an external DAC for my MS-300) and has improved the sound of my system. Thanks for the heads up!

I will keep updating my impressions in the current post. Too bad I have to leave town for the weekend, I want to listen!!

Jim

So no regrets selling the Esoteric?

Are you putting it on repeat while you are gone?

So no regrets selling the Esoteric?

Are you putting it on repeat while you are gone?
Nope, No regrets on selling the X03-se.

Although the 500 is typically McIntosh and good build quality, it still does not have the feel of the Esoteric unit which weighs twice as much and had a much sturdier drawer mechanism.

I think the DAC's are better on the 500.

I will tell you, I am so impressed with the sound, if it is going to get much better after a break in period, I would be surprised.

That would be wonderful. An updated MPI-4. Considering what they are going for Mc could probably sell new ones w/o any problem.

Back
Top Bottom