NHL/Hockey Playoffs..

I'm lovin' this, Boston...Some may call me swami.(post # 586).I just couldn't stand those Sedin twins....

After 39 years of frustration, Boston gets bragging rights to Lord Stanley's Cup.

Philly fans will bitch and moan all day tomorrow because 'its Boston'. They're still thirsty.

In the immortal words of the late legendary announcer Gene Hart: "Good Night. Good Hockey."

I call Boston, but I'm only 60/40. I think that the winning team will be 4-2. I'm going to say that the goalies won't be as important in this game as the others, and that the forwards are going to have a huge impact.

For Vancouver, Bieska and at least one of the twins are going to rip it up. Look for Lucic and Recchi on Boston.

Well, I was wrong about the 2 goals for Vancouver and about the twins.......but Recchi had an awesome game, and Lucic missed a couple tap ins and had a few huge plays.

Bieska was the only Canuck to show up.......

Some "fans" in Vancouver don't look to happy tonight... I don't believe this represents the majority!:no:

Attachments

• Stanley-Cup-After-Vancouver-Loss-2.jpg
    Stanley-Cup-After-Vancouver-Loss-2.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Stanley-Cup-After-Vancouver-Loss.jpg
    Stanley-Cup-After-Vancouver-Loss.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 17
Some "fans" in Vancouver don't look to happy tonight... I don't believe this represents the majority!:no:

No fan in Vancouver is happy tonight. And a few hundred people should be locked up, or better yet, extradited to Boston. Thousands more should have just put their damn cell phones and cameras away and gotten out of downtown so the police could do their job.

I'm disappointed for the team's performance, but down right pissed off at the bloody idiots that are making the mess.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this is not just a Vancouver problem. They had to cancel the regatta in Kelowna BC several years ago because of fools like this. In Kelowna the second year it happened the police actually stopped people from getting into the downtown area who had filled the trunks of their cars with rocks and bricks so they could 'riot'.

The people who carried out the vandalism couldn't have cared less if the Canucks won or lost, they were just looking for a excuse to be idiots and would have done the very same things had Vancouver won. They're the same sort of idiots who caused the damage in Toronto at the G8.

They need to have some strict punishment for these shite heads, no slap on the wrist. Make anyone thinking of doing the same thing in the future think twice. As it is even if they do catch a few they'll get community service or some such lax thing.

I did say to the wife: "I wonder if there will be a riot?". This was a few days ago. What I'm wondering is why the police didn't think the same thing and prepare properly.

Some young punks need a swift kick in the pants me thinks.

Cheers

Lar

Unfortunately this is not just a Vancouver problem. They had to cancel the regatta in Kelowna BC several years ago because of fools like this. In Kelowna the second year it happened the police actually stopped people from getting into the downtown area who had filled the trunks of their cars with rocks and bricks so they could 'riot'.

The people who carried out the vandalism couldn't have cared less if the Canucks won or lost, they were just looking for a excuse to be idiots and would have done the very same things had Vancouver won. They're the same sort of idiots who caused the damage in Toronto at the G8.

They need to have some strict punishment for these shite heads, no slap on the wrist. Make anyone thinking of doing the same thing in the future think twice. As it is even if they do catch a few they'll get community service or some such lax thing.

I did say to the wife: "I wonder if there will be a riot?". This was a few days ago. What I'm wondering is why the police didn't think the same thing and prepare properly.

Some young punks need a swift kick in the pants me thinks.

Cheers

Lar

I had the same conversation with my wife, but I pretty much predicted there would be a riot, whether the Canucks won or not. Vancouver is a mostly beautiful place, but they have the same dumb losers as every other city in this country. It's like there is a club of 10,000 of them in every city. That was an embarrassing sight. I remember when Edmonton was in the finals in 06 and I felt the same way about my city, just complete embarrassment. The same with the Canada Day riot about ten years ago. You just knew the rest of the country was looking at us like we were all a bunch of rednecks. I moved here in 1998, and I remember the vibe this city got when the playoffs started. It was awesome. I'm sure Vancouver was the same this year. To see it turn into this is sad.

My wife has two kids that live downtown. One had to work there last night. The other one was watching the game with friends and decided to head home when it was obvious that the Canucks were going to lose, and kept on getting turned away by the riot police. It took forever for her to get home. My wife refused to go to sleep until she knew they were home. Nothing like staying up until 1:30am on a Wednesday night.:no:

On a positive note, I'm happy the Bruins won. I'm an Oilers fan. There is no way I would cheer for the Canucks.:D

Last edited:
Need to get out of those dresses and grow some balls. The 5 shots to the head last game was embarrassing but when he looked to the ref for help I lost all respect.

+1 He could have at least taken a swing. I was cheering for the Bruins anyway. Glad to see Kaberle get a cup and Adam McQuaid is from PEI.

+1 He could have at least taken a swing. I was cheering for the Bruins anyway.
Nah, I don't agree with that. I'm not a 'Nucks fan, but the Sedins are superstars, and teammates should never let that happen to them. Rookies don't touch stars without paying a pretty steep price usually. Thing was, not one guy had the guts to step in whenever they needed to. That's what cost them. Oh, and Luongo is a headcase. :)

Well it has finally sunk in....The BRUINS WIN !!! I've had a lump in my throat and been misty eyed all day. Good bye 39 years...goodbye too many men on the ice...goodbye Wesley misses an open net...GOODBYE MIDDLETON HITS THE POST....goodbye Don Koharski....goodbye 3 goals up and lose...GOODBYE 3 GAMES UP AND STILL LOSE.
Here's to you Cam Neely...Raymond Jean Bourque...Ricky Middleton...Terry O'Reilly, Stan Jonathan & the Lunch Pail A.C....Pete Peters...Keith Crowder...Adam Oates...Andy Moog...hats off to the "Bleu Blanc Rouge" for so many great and yet painful memories and most of all to you Tim Thomas and the 2011 Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins!! You have made this weepy old fart a very happy man.

Happy Father's Dad boys :beerchug:

Congrats Bruins fans. :thmbsp: Really did deserve the cup :yes:. Thomas played a big role in it as goalies can when they are playing great.

I did mean it when I said that the Bruins winning the cup would be good for the league. Would have been equally good for the Canucks to have won as well though.

Cheers

Lar

Back
Top Bottom