NHL Playoff time

BeerCan

Tá mé ar meisce.
Time for some of the best hockey games of the year. I have a love/hate relationship with the playoffs. It features great hockey but also means the season is ending.

Did your team make it? Root for them here and maybe talk some smack.

Bolts are in :banana: I would have never predicted it at the beginning of the season. Bishop is hurt but hopefully will be back in time for game 1

Hoping Detroit takes out Boston or ata very minimum makes life very difficult for them. :) Flyers v. NYR should be a great series from the emotional factor

Playoffs? Bah! The Oilers Stanley Cup is tomorrow, draft lottery day.:thmbsp:

I gotta say I miss having a team playing in the playoffs, it's been too long.
I can't even root against the Canucks this year. I feel kinda lost.:D

Blues are in but it looks like they tanked the end of the regular season to get a better draft spot or something. Hoping the big names are healthy enough to get back in the game.

images

He and me root for these guys!!
Los-Angeles-Kings.jpg

If I had to pick a team to root for, I guess I'd go with the Kings.
I do hope that Greene has a bad playoffs, the Kings don't re-sign him, and he comes home to the Oil. Good grief do we ever need more players like him.

I'm hoping for a Pens/Flyers second round match up, too. I love a good train wreck.:D

I think Kings and Anaheim is going to be a fun series (if it happens). I hope pens/flyers does not happen, I need NYR to get to the conference game so we get our draft pics :) hopefully playing the Bolts. That would be perfect for me.

If I had to pick a team to root for, I guess I'd go with the Kings.
I do hope that Greene has a bad playoffs, the Kings don't re-sign him, and he comes home to the Oil. Good grief do we ever need more players like him.

I'm hoping for a Pens/Flyers second round match up, too. I love a good train wreck.:D

I hope NY beats Philly... the Pens don't match up well with the Flyers.

I still can't believe the Pens have lost over 500 man games due to injury and are still the #2 seed.

Last edited:
I think Kings and Anaheim is going to be a fun series (if it happens). I hope pens/flyers does not happen, I need NYR to get to the conference game so we get our draft pics :) hopefully playing the Bolts. That would be perfect for me.

I hope NY beats Philly... the Pens don't match up well with the Flyers.

I still can't believe the Pens have lost over 500 man games due to injury and are still the #2 seed.

OK, for your sake's I'll root for the Rangers. I can't stand them to be honest, but the same goes for the Flyers.
Just cross your fingers for the Oil when the draft lottery starts, Ok?:D

Oh, and BeerCan, picture with the cup? Nice!
I have one myself, but it was taken with a Polaroid sadly.

That pic of the cup is at my house. When the Bolts won the whole thing the staff got o spend time with the cup like the players do. My father chose to have the cup at home an have a Little parry, It was good times :) T guy in charge of the cup was not very happy but we managed to do some fun stuff.

Cool!

What guy was in charge?
When I got my picture taken, it was the guy with the sandy blonde hair that you see carting it around. He was pretty cool. Basically said, "Do what you want, but don't damage it, and don't pick it up. You have to win it to do that".
The other time I tried to get a picture with it, it was the other guy. He was kind of a dink, to be honest.

We had it at the house for about 6 hours. I invited my 2 hockey teams to come over and look/play with it. A couple of us got to hoist it but not everyone was allowed. I was allowed because my dad was a member of the team staff. We took pictures of us with it and our trophy "the Stanley Keg" The guy guarding it was pretty cool and let us do most things within reason. It was for sure an experience I will never forget. After the house they took it to a bar so things just got crazy there.

I went to every home playoff game also and the atmosphere was just insane.

Man I just realized I have a game tonight. Half my team is bailing on me to go watch the game. What posers any real hockey person would rather play than watch. :)

Good new my team won 4 to 2 Much worse news is the Bolts looked awful from what I could see, They did not deserve to win and MTL agreed.

Congrats on the win. My team lost the last game of our spring session in a 6-5 heart breaker.

Blues and 'Hawks start tomorrow. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom