NHT drivers- anyone have a good source/replacement?

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
looking for info/replacement part source for NHT SuperZero/Superone drivers- ESP the tweeter.

UPS once again delivered a smashed package- an NHT SuperOne. Add this to a mashed VPI 16.5, and two each of mangled Dvds and CDs, and a delivery to a wrong address.

looking for info/replacement part source for NHT SuperZero/Superone drivers- ESP the tweeter.

UPS once again delivered a smashed package- an NHT SuperOne. Add this to a mashed VPI 16.5, and two each of mangled Dvds and CDs, and a delivery to a wrong address.

That sux Paul, sounds like someone could have packaged them better?

Here is the link for some original NHT drivers...I didn't look to see if the ones you wanted were there....very reasonable prices.

Thanks for the link. My model wasn't listed but I'll check availability for my driver with them tomorrow.

And yes- good tip about contacting Ken. He's a swell guy.

Kelly- regarding UPS and packing for the holidays, ugh, I've firsthand experience with the outlet here. They've ruined 3 of the last 5 or 6 packages I've got from AKers alone. Not to mention the Dahlquist damage even though packed by a former UPS honcho.

I don't particularly want to turn this into a UPS bash thread, though they have pulled a few no-show/no-calls to inspect the damage.

Yeah, swelled in all the wrong places these days....

Besides contacting NHT, who probably have some leads for service tweeters, I noticed parts express selling a part that is very close to the old NHT dome:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=279-140.

I need to buy a few and try them before I can be sure. It might be that they are slightly lower in impedance, and might need a slight crossover tweak to properly match the sensitivity of the SZ part.

BTW- UPS has been unusually hellish lately. I've had three missed overnight shipment deadlines in the last two weeks.

-k

Thanks for the link. My model wasn't listed but I'll check availability for my driver with them tomorrow.

And yes- good tip about contacting Ken. He's a swell guy.

Kelly- regarding UPS and packing for the holidays, ugh, I've firsthand experience with the outlet here. They've ruined 3 of the last 5 or 6 packages I've got from AKers alone. Not to mention the Dahlquist damage even though packed by a former UPS honcho.

I don't particularly want to turn this into a UPS bash thread, though they have pulled a few no-show/no-calls to inspect the damage.

NHT stocks OEM parts for most models. Pricing is reasonable, and they should have the drivers you need in stock

The old warranty center was AB Tech Services in MA. They may have some drivers left as well:

17 Airport Rd # C
Hopedale, MA 01747

(508) 478-9800‎

Good luck, and sorry to hear about the UPS problems!

Not to go too far off topic -- I have a NHT Model 1C woofer that needs refoaming. Any sources on a foam kit or replacement woofer?

My "package death" experiences with UPS on audio equipment made me switch to FedEx. At least now I don't see the delivery guy dropping speaker boxes off the back of the van!

*BUMP*

Any Super Zero fans still out there?

I just got three of them - for FREE - but only one works properly. The other two have what seems to me blown woofer drivers. Lots of distortion. If I press my finger on one certain spot on the cone, it can take the distortion away.

Does anyone know of an affordable replacement that will work in these? I've sent NHT an email, but I'm dreading the price they are going to ask.

*BUMP*

Any Super Zero fans still out there?

I just got three of them - for FREE - but only one works properly. The other two have what seems to me blown woofer drivers. Lots of distortion. If I press my finger on one certain spot on the cone, it can take the distortion away.

Does anyone know of an affordable replacement that will work in these? I've sent NHT an email, but I'm dreading the price they are going to ask.

Those use pincushion woofers and a really nice tweeter made by Recoton/Audiovox. I may have replacements if you get me a model number from the ones you have. Should be stamped on the back of the magnet.

NHT stocks OEM parts for most models. Pricing is reasonable, and they should have the drivers you need in stock

The old warranty center was AB Tech Services in MA. They may have some drivers left as well:

17 Airport Rd # C
Hopedale, MA 01747

(508) 478-9800‎

For that it's worth, AB Tech Services is no longer in business. The bulk of their former inventory was sold to Parts Express. Try emailing someone at P-E for specific part numbers. They have thousands of drivers. They also sell some of their unusual stock under the eBay monicker "high5electronics".

Service inquiries can go to Carlos Moniz at CM Tech Support, https://cmtechsupport.com. Tho, I don't think he services NHT any longer, but may have left over parts.

Those use pincushion woofers and a really nice tweeter made by Recoton/Audiovox. I may have replacements if you get me a model number from the ones you have. Should be stamped on the back of the magnet.

Hey Baco,
Here's what's stamped on the back:
"K33TF 11-001-03"
Thanks,
Kenji

I managed to cook all four tweeters in my Signet SL-100s, but they're NHT 563TNDs. Anyone have any idea what might be a very close cross-reference?

I managed to cook all four tweeters in my Signet SL-100s, but they're NHT 563TNDs. Anyone have any idea what might be a very close cross-reference?

Is there another number on the magnet. The one you posted above is a batch number not a part number.

Back
Top Bottom